management raises..?

I assume UPS runs like any other Business around when it comes to employee raises in the management rank. Would it be fair to assume that some instead of waiting for the yearly raise in the 1st quarter have asked for one. If so has anyone actually received one..? I feel that I am being greatly under paid and am contemplating asking for a rasie. I wanted to know if this is standard procedure at Ups and if so has anyone been successful in getting one ?

D

Dis-organized Labor

I assume UPS runs like any other Business around when it comes to employee raises in the management rank. Would it be fair to assume that some instead of waiting for the yearly raise in the 1st quarter have asked for one. If so has anyone actually received one..? I feel that I am being greatly under paid and am contemplating asking for a rasie. I wanted to know if this is standard procedure at Ups and if so has anyone been successful in getting one ?

You should DEMAND a raise.:angry-very:

Let us know how it works out.

Black_6_Leader

As I understand it, all management salary increases were suspended for 2009. So unless you were promoted into a new pay grade, you (no-one actually) got anything as far as merit salary increase in 2009.

From what I can see, there has been a provision for a 2 1/2 % increase salaries in 2010. But there is a rub; in 2010, any merit increase will be tied to the your QPR score for 2009.

beentheredonethat

About 10 years ago as a supervisor I was a grade 13 and thought I should be at a grade 14 level, with a corresponding increase in pay. I asked my immediate manager for an evaluation of my grade level. He ignored it\didn't understand it. I asked my div mgr about it in passing. Two weeks later he pulls me into office gives me a raise and the paperwork to show a grade 14 level.

So it can work.

thanks for the responses ! I understand people saying I should be thankful for a job at this time, but I'm in my last yr of school and am only doing this for the now, I'd like to stay here for a while but don't necessarily know if its in the cards.

I will raise this issue tomorrow after the shift , whats the worse that can happen ? they say no? its worth a shot as I believe the results I have produced ( with much thanks to the employees I work with ) I believe I should be compensated more then I'm currently at.:dissapointed:

i can understand why you guys are saying I should be happy to be employed, but its not my only option at this time and for the amount of work I do , the compensation just does not match. I have a couple offers on the table from different companies around town with more hours and higher pay , but I like working at Ups also so I hope I am successful tomorrow when i present this to the higher ups.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
i can understand why you guys are saying I should be happy to be employed, but its not my only option at this time and for the amount of work I do , the compensation just does not match. I have a couple offers on the table from different companies around town with more hours and higher pay , but I like working at Ups also so I hope I am successful tomorrow when i present this to the higher ups.

We hear the be happy you have a job crap from mgmnt all the time. Just throwing it back.:happy2:

We hear the be happy you have a job crap from mgmnt all the time. Just throwing it back.:happy2:
This is where I can relate because I do hear this around my building. I like working here and just want to be fairly compensated for it. I'm called on to do a lot of things , and I do these things with great results ( cant thank my employees enough ) .

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is where I can relate because I do hear this around my building. I like working here and just want to be fairly compensated for it. I'm called on to do a lot of things , and I do these things with great results ( cant thank my employees enough ) .

Thanking your employees will get you nowhere in this company. Spanking them maybe.

Hubrat98

I'm assuming you're a part-time supervisor since you mentioned it's your last year of school. You could give it a shot but I wouldn't expect much in the way of a positive response.

Depending on the size of your operation and how it's running the manager will only be concerned with whatever peak season he might be expecting. You run the risk of looking selfish during "our most important time of year". I'm not saying that you are, but that's how a lot of managers might see your request.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm assuming you're a part-time supervisor since you mentioned it's your last year of school. You could give it a shot but I wouldn't expect much in the way of a positive response.

Depending on the size of your operation and how it's running the manager will only be concerned with whatever peak season he might be expecting. You run the risk of looking selfish during "our most important time of year". I'm not saying that you are, but that's how a lot of managers might see your request.

Rat makes an excellent point. Show your manager what you are made of this Peak and then ask him for a few minutes of his time in January.

Keep these other options on the back burner for now.

randomUPSISer

you should be thankful to have a job

Yep, thats the UPS standard response line. Its full of ***** too. Anyone worth a raise is capable of finding jobs elsewhere. The only ones "lucky" are the ones that cant leave anyway.

Standard raise period is march. They may, or they may not, entertain your idea. My guess is that they will tell you something like "we'll see after peak" and attempt to appease you until march.

If you are really good, and have other options, its not outside the realm to point out the other offers on the table for you and "extract" a raise from them. However, if you attempt this be prepared to accept that other offer.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol

tell us how much you make and we will tell you if you are under paid. u know how much we make as drivers.....:happy-very:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
tell us how much you make and we will tell you if you are under paid. u know how much we make as drivers.....:happy-very:

My post was as brownrodster mentioned; slingign the mud back in a PT sups direction.

I am thankful to have a job. I think most of us are very happy to be employed. The idea that it is the holidays, we should all be thankful to be employed and surviving out there.

As has been mentioned, this is not the time to be asking for raises and being selfish. When the dust settles next year is a much better time. That is a great point and sort of what I was getting at without "going there". Hourlies get their $37.5 cent raise Feb 1st. Perhaps that is a good time to bring up a better pay rate.