Management Retirement Denied

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You guys act like UPS should care. Anyone who works here should already know you're just a number and replaceable, especially when you stop adding value to the company.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The guy was terminally ill and died 1 week before the annuity was to start payments.
As if this hasn't happened before anywhere else? You state you take emotions out of it, yet while you work you here you go above and beyond what is required of you while working here. You do realize no matter what you do while you are here, once you retire you will abandoned by the company and your co workers, if you haven't already.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...which is why I will have all my ducks in a row long before my last day...

The article didn't say but I'm surprised his spouse was not part of the decision making process.

clean hairy

Let us say just for conversation here.
A Homeowner has been in the same house with the same Insurance Company for 37 years.
They decide to sell the house, closing to be on the first of the month.
They have their Homeowners Insurance set to cancel on the 1st.
The closing gets delayed to the 8th, yet the insurance company is not notified of a 1 week extension.
The house burns to the ground on the 6th.
Would it be expected the Insurance should step up and "do the right thing" and pay for the house since these folks had insurance with them for 37 years?
Best comparison I could think of.
What are the thoughts of others on this?

Let us say just for conversation here.
A Homeowner has been in the same house with the same Insurance Company for 37 years.
They decide to sell the house, closing to be on the first of the month.
They have their Homeowners Insurance set to cancel on the 1st.
The closing gets delayed to the 8th, yet the insurance company is not notified of a 1 week extension.
The house burns to the ground on the 6th.
Would it be expected the Insurance should step up and "do the right thing" and pay for the house since these folks had insurance with them for 37 years?
Best comparison I could think of.
What are the thoughts of others on this?
Closed on 5 houses in the last 2 months. Was the seller on 4 of them. Insurance company wasn't notified until after closing. In all 4 cases, the escrow company notified the insurance company.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
How about same basic circumstances, except he had a stroke at his desk? Or was shot in a holdup at work? Or was killed in a collision in a PC or feeder? Does cancer really mean that UPS is absolved, more so than a work related death? Is it less dignified, or less worthy?