Management that smokes, 3 days until cold turkey

texan

27 June 2013

A Management person that smokes told me that they were just informed that they have 3 days to quit,
or they will be charged 150.00 a month in their benefits.

1 July is the cutoff to mark I am tobacco free on next year's benefits.

3 days, I hope they can do it.

This person is not happy, and I will stay away for awhile if I can.

quamba 638

That happened at my FT workplace about a month ago. They needed information from their members, pretty much, if you're a smoker or not. THEN, you had to have a co- signer sign the paper saying yes, he/she smokes or does not. I think it was an additional 75 dollars per smoker/per month for that plan.
I'm glad I don't smoke, and glad I have great insurance at UPS.

texan

I agree that we have great benefits.

This is a UPS Management person that I respect, that treats others well, but smokes those cigs.

3 day notice, quit or pay 150 a month.

Short notice and shocker for smokers in management.

As I stated before, this person's demeanor was not well, with this news.

Imagine that you drink a few beers on the weekends, and being told no more, or 150.00
a month more out of your checks to drink.

I know cigs and beer are not the same, but they can be if abused.

3 day...Even Lindsay Lohan was afforded more time to change.

quamba 638

27 June 2013

A Management person that smokes told me that they were just informed that they have 3 days to quit,
or they will be charged 150.00 a month in their benefits.

1 July is the cutoff to mark I am tobacco free on next year's benefits.

3 days, I hope they can do it.

This person is not happy, and I will stay away for awhile if I can.

My state also had a 1.60 cigarette tax that begins July first.

JMBarnes

There are a list of FAQ's on the page, the only thing you have to do is commit to quitting by 7/1 and sign up for the program. You just have to be tobacco free by the end of the year. Even if you aren't you can stop smoking anytime in 2014 and they will give you back the money.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really don't get anyone under the age of 35-40 who smokes. We have known for a long time how bad it is. Don't start!!!!

With that said. This is a slippery slope. Where does it end? Your overweight. Your family has a history of heart disease.

The slope will remain slippery...what if you drive a motorcycle to work, enjoy firearms in you off time, have a prior medical condition, live in a bad neighborhood (ie: Detroit aka New Fallujah), Obese, A medical Marijuana user.....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I used to love getting production rides from a supervisor who smoked.

I could always tell when they were having a nicotine fit, and I would make sure to take my bathroom breaks in non-smoking areas thus denying them the opportunity to smoke.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I heard the smoking surcharge is only one part of that memo. The really worst of it kicks in 1/1.
No spouse coverage avsilable

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I heard the smoking surcharge is only one part of that memo. The really worst of it kicks in 1/1/14.
No spouse coverage available

Clarification:
No spouse coverage if he/she is currently employed and is covered under a plan offered by his/her employer.

Another cut in non-union employee benefits - employee loyalty and morale dying a death of a thousand cuts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The slope will remain slippery...what if you drive a motorcycle to work, enjoy firearms in you off time, have a prior medical condition, live in a bad neighborhood (ie: Detroit aka New Fallujah), Obese, A medical Marijuana user.....

​You forgot walking through the woods and pastures and getting Lyme disease from ticks.

airops

The notices that we get are getting shorter. At least we received 2 weeks notice concerning pay grades and caps. This one was only 3 days. What's next?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I heard the smoking surcharge is only one part of that memo. The really worst of it kicks in 1/1/14.
No spouse coverage available

Clarification:
No spouse coverage if he/she is currently employed and is covered under a plan offered by his/her employer.

Another cut in non-union employee benefits - employee loyalty and morale dying a death of a thousand cuts.

Yes that's what I heard.
Gonna lose some really good people.