Management Threats

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you are on Orion, and you know you will be tight, skip all that crazy crap, and do only commit. Tell a supervisor and document. Have someone witness you telling them, and record that. If not on Orion, then just run straight air, and if its late, its late. You give them the opportunity to leave some behind. I have the same problem. But I am not getting letters, coz I let them know, then it is their baby.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have been told by many, I over document, Including Upstate, paranoia never hurt me. When your center manager says you over document, you know you have hit the honey hole.

box_beeyotch

It always comes down to your word against there's sadly and they can almost always find a way to prove you wrong. Skip the ground stops in between and do all your air and then start the route. It sucks, but its what you got to do sometimes.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you delivered air only and not a drop of ground, they have no leg to stand on.

Plus, I'm curious as to why there was no warning letter, 1 day suspension, 3 day, 5 day progression followed here?!?!?

Jhansen

I only deliver air first. When I came into work this morning, I looked at the roster and saw they had two other cover drivers with less seniority than me driving. I was about to go discuss it with my Sup, but thankfully another driver decided he wanted to go home and that I would drive his route. My steward agrees with me that they are retaliating and threatening me, and now has scheduled a sit down to make sure my center manager knows the facts. Apparently, the center manager agreed to this suspension, but really had no idea what happened.

Jhansen

I had a warning letter previously to this 4 months ago for the same issue. That time again I had 14 airs, and couldn't deliver more than 13... And I was hauling ass!

10 point

If you have 40 minutes to deliver 15 stops, have to get thru security and it takes 30 minutes to get to your first stop it looks like you have less than ten minutes to deliver 14 stops using your statements to do the math.

IF, you're saying that you have 40 minutes to deliver 15 air stops after you get on area less the 1(?) security check point delay you still have to deliver about 27 stops per hour to get done.

It looks like you're a victim because you allow yourself to be one or....

Is this post a case of 'trollism" and is this whole post just a lie?

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The issue goes my center manager issued a 3 Day suspension to me for having late Airs. I have been written up 1 time in the past for having late Airs, but they are giving me over 15 Air stops to deliver within a 40 minute period (it takes 30 minutes to get to my first stop). The stops involve me getting through security and waiting for employees to open up the Docks. I delivered 13 of the 15 on time, and that day they had over 49 late Airs with all other drivers. I have told them before leaving in the past that Im going to have a few late, and all I get is "Well you better hurry up then". I was the only one given a suspension out of EVERYONE. I feel like they needed to blame somebody and that somebody was me.

I filed a grievance against the suspension, and now my center manager is has confronted me in front of my Steward, saying regardless of how the Union rules, I am getting my suspension. I am at the point where I want to file another grievance for him threatening me and using intimidation. I have been at UPS for 9 years and have never filed anything prior to this. With constant threats of sending me back to the Hub (I am a PT Cover Driver) and termination, I need to get them the hell off my back. I am never late, never call out, get 190+ stops a day, help out other drivers when work is done, and even work for them on Saturdays because they ask me to.

Any Advice on how to handle this???

Not to point out the obvious...but you started this thread while on the clock, correct? If they are up your :censored2:...threatening you with suspension and termination...don't give them a reason by stealing time.

Jhansen

Im not a troll. I left the Hub at 9:25, my first stop is generally 30 minutes away. I got there at 9:52. My first stop is a large distribution company that I have to get through security for. It takes time to deal with them, and then having to bang on a door at the dock so they can open up for me. I have another stop at FedEx offices, which again I have to go through security to get through. All of this kind of stuff takes time.

rod

Retired 22 years
Pure and simple harassment! Sounds like your typical puppet on a string center manager has been getting his rear end chewed out daily by the puppet master. Document everything as best you can and file, file, file.

aiian

They're effin with you.

Talk to your steward and have it stopped.

If that steward doesn't help, find another one.

Half the stewards in my building are worthless... only willing to help the other eff ups in their little cliques.