Management to be screwed on benefits, again!

K

kidlogic

I bet it wont be anywhere as bad as your non-union plans!!!...Want to bet???...

T

tieguy

Whcih one of the thousand union plans would we compare. I can always find one thats worse and I'm sure you could always find one better.

S

sameoldstuff

How much do the benefits really cost? If I choose no benefits I only get about $1,000 of the $9,372 flex credits I am allegedly entitled to. Who gets the rest? My guess is that the benefits really cast far less than the amount we are charged. What is the actual cost for a person who pays entirely for their own medical benefits?

W

wkmac

sameoldstuff,

Sometimes you can diker price with a doctor but if he is in a group or hooked into a company network like a Phizer for example then the odds are the price is what it is. Part of the problem with insurance is we want it to really be a payment plan. You have car insurance but if the battery goes dead you don't demand the insurance company pay for it do you? I know, that's not covered but neither were doctor visits at one time either and those visits were cheap because the doctors knew these were paid for out of peoples pockets and kept the cost down. Demand the insurance companies cover car repair and you'll not only see car insurance premiums go up but you'll also see the cost of car repair go with it as the repair shops raise their rates to profit and then the insurance companies raise their rates to cover that and then something will happen and some lawyer will sue and then auto repair liability insurance will go up and the cycle gets even worse. Then we'll have the demand that auto health care is un-affordable and that we need Socialized Auto Repair!

Geez! Where does it end?
wall.gif

Oh one other comment on National Healthcare. The reason the unions want it and even many companies too is they have these huge future committments to provide health coverage but if all of a sudden we have a taxpayer fund health care for everyone those future funds are freed up for other things. GM for example has a huge committment to future healthcare costs and just think what a taxpayer fund plan would add to their bottomline when they no longer have to commit funds for this. How about UPS or the Teamsters?

It's not always the so-called "liberals" that want this, many so-called "conservative business folk" want this as well but they are rather quiet in how they conduct themselves. And many of the so-called do gooder types portray themselves as heros to the common working man and women but the real truth deep down is $$$$$$$ but you can't know that. They all have an image to maintain you know!

(Message edited by wkmac on November 01, 2003)

80andout

I heard the other day there would be an offering for early retirement before the end of the year. Something like age plus years of service must be greater than 80. Anybody hear anything about this?

S

sameoldstuff

I heard when the stock hits 80 ($80) there will be a lot of people going. It's 80 and out!

P

proups

80andout: that rumor surfaces about once a year for the management folks. Here is what I heard:

lol.gif

D

dammor

If that is true it would be the only time in my life I would wish to be a bit older.