Management took my I.D. need some advice.

Fragile

Should of just used a sick a day and called out... tired/hungover/sick/want to go to the beach that's what those days are for pal.

UPS4Life

It is not managements business to be dealing with an employees private health concerns. Hopefully everyone is aware of privacy and disclosure. I would see a doctor asap for your sleep issues. In our region, you cannot be disciplined for health issues.
He didn't call off because his sleep issues he didn't work because he said he worked in the morning. After you get caught isn't the time for the excuses. Ups really can't ask why your calling off but he made the wrong decision to lie about it. As far as his sleep issue goes. To me it sounds like ups work 10-14 hr's off 10 be ready at anytime once your reset is up. Sleep apnea isn't a road you want to go down

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It is not managements business to be dealing with an employees private health concerns. Hopefully everyone is aware of privacy and disclosure. I would see a doctor asap for your sleep issues. In our region, you cannot be disciplined for health issues.
The OP wasn't fired for health issues...he was fired for dishonesty....he told his sup he had cover driven earlier that day (false) to get out of humping cardboard that night because he was tired...wah. Anyone can lift cardboard...even when tired.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It doesn't matter why he called out, you aren't required to give a reason. If you have health issues, it's none of management's business, therefore there is no "lie" because they shouldn't ask in the first place. non-disclosure.