Management Using Their Kids As Driver Helpers

rhico

I signed up to be a driver helper awhile back. Management is using their kids to be driver helpers. I have asked If I could be a driver helper and management says I'm not needed.

Thoughts?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I signed up to be a driver helper awhile back. Management is using their kids to be driver helpers. I have asked If I could be a driver helper and management says I'm not needed.

Thoughts?

Relax...those kids will never be the same again. Most likely, they will swear off any sort of physical labor, and get MBA's and work on Wall Street, bankrupting companies like Hostess. All vampire capitalists started off with tough, honest work. Then, they saw they errors of their ways and became empty, human flush funds.

Justaname

Did you apply for seasonal or are you a pt hourly? If your teamster then you should get first dibs on teamster work. If your just a seasonal then you're sol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Actually, hiring the children of management as helpers seems like a good idea to me. They will have a better idea of what the job entails than an off-the-street hire, and probably more accountability than someone who is just in it for a quick $8.50 an hour. I know of 2 helpers in my area over the years who were the children of management and they worked out well. In both cases their parent spoke with the driver beforehand and made it clear that their kids were not to receive any special treatment or favoritism, and in both cases none was given and the kids spent a whole peak season busting their asses on a brown truck. I am sure it was a character building experience.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've seen a lot of sups in street clothes working, also "new hires" who are probably working under the table. Would mgmt pay their kids to come in and make numbers off the books? LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Im a pt hourly on preload. They just started using helpers this week. I signed up to be a helper a few months ago.

In hindsight you should have checked with the helper coordinator before Peak started to make sure that you were on the list. Mgt should not be using their own kids over inside employees but I don't know if this is something that you can grieve or simply chalk up as a lesson learned for next year. With only 16 working days left it may be too late to do anything about it.

bogeyball

Thoughts?

Relax...those kids will never be the same again. Most likely, they will swear off any sort of physical labor, and get MBA's and work on Wall Street, bankrupting companies like Hostess. All vampire capitalists started off with tough, honest work. Then, they saw they errors of their ways and became empty, human flush funds.

You sound envious....:)

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
In the central all inside employees have first rights to helper jobs. If your in the central region file a grievance for the time worked by outside hires. Do it quickly, you only have 5 days.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
In the central all inside employees have first rights to helper jobs. If your in the central region file a grievance for the time worked by outside hires. Do it quickly, you only have 5 days.

...but not to exceed eight hours between their inside shift + jumping. If an employee works six hours inside, the Company can easily decline them the right to jump - unless there were jobs with less than 2 hours available.