Management video taping drivers

browned out

We had a driver terminated a few years ago for stealing time. Management hid in the bushes and video taped this driver stealing time. The driver was terminated as he should have been. Is management still using video on observations?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Any more info?

Yes, he was waiting for a customer to tape and box up some RS packages and was thumbing through a magazine right next to the counter. Management video taped him doing this and told him he was fired. When confronted on how management knew he'd be there and the reasoning for video taping apparently it came out that said management told the customer to take some time packaging up to see what the driver would do. (read framed) Needless to say management backtracked and basically begged said driver to come back.

I'd like to add they have been going after this driver for some time but they can never nail him because he does it 100% by the book. Management has been over zealous trying to get rid of this driver through multiple center manager's and driver sups. They always seem to come up with some over the top way to try and terminate him and it always blows up in their face.

thessalonian13

Yes, he was waiting for a customer to tape and box up some RS packages and was thumbing through a magazine right next to the counter. Management video taped him doing this and told him he was fired. When confronted on how management knew he'd be there and the reasoning for video taping apparently it came out that said management told the customer to take some time packaging up to see what the driver would do. (read framed) Needless to say management backtracked and basically begged said driver to come back.

I'd like to add they have been going after this driver for some time but they can never nail him because he does it 100% by the book. Management has been over zealous trying to get rid of this driver through multiple center manager's and driver sups. They always seem to come up with some over the top way to try and terminate him and it always blows up in their face.
I hope he hired a lawyer and sued!!!! That's worth quite a bit of coin.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

WTF did they expect him to do while waiting for the customer? That sounds like the stupidest thing on this earth to do...good goddess, WHERE are these guys putting their brains when they come to work?

I vote for the local to have a really strong chat with the brain dead district manager, with the labor manager (do we even have such anymore?) listening in.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

so..did they beg the driver to come back because they knew they were in deep sh.. if this employee filed a lawsuit....another stupid waste of money.

menotyou

bella amicizia
WTF did they expect him to do while waiting for the customer? That sounds like the stupidest thing on this earth to do...good goddess, WHERE are these guys putting their brains when they come to work?

I vote for the local to have a really strong chat with the brain dead district manager, with the labor manager (do we even have such anymore?) listening in.
They have Labor managers. Named Vinny, and he likes proscuitto. :rofl:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why in the world would any driver stand there and wait for a customer to pack and tape RS packages? It is one thing to wait for something that they are shipping out on their dime but I do not wait for returns to be packed/taped---they will be there when I come back tomorrow.

Indecisi0n

Why in the world would any driver stand there and wait for a customer to pack and tape RS packages? It is one thing to wait for something that they are shipping out on their dime but I do not wait for returns to be packed/taped---they will be there when I come back tomorrow.

This is the mentality of a runner.

trickpony1

They do---they appreciate that I wait for their shipments and understand that I cannot wait for their returns, which they had all day to prepare.

Be sure to tell the customer how to run their business.

I could be wrong but wasn't it you that said in an earlier post that you had ".....customer issues."?