Management weaponizing area observations

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Limper, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

It's a full court press from management in our building. Area and intersection observations are the new harrassment tools.

In our center any driver who has attendance issues, 9.5 grievances, or over allowed hours are targets for this harrassment. And......they're in rental cars this time around, so spotting them is difficult.

A driver in my group(Attendance problems) was followed 4 days in a row, nailed for not using three points of contact each day, and is now facing 3 day suspension(4 when you count the 1 day).

Our local is on it, but so far no relief from over supervision.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Don't get mad, sue!
  3. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

never have understood why you let that bother. we have language in the cintract about harassment and being over supervised...learn the contract then file
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

This driver could eliminate the harassment by showing up on time.
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I would love to have 3 days off.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Show up on time and do the job the way they want you to. Problem solved.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Sheep DAWG

Sheep DAWG Member

UPS has already been reported to OSHA for using safety as a tool for discipline. I urge each center going thru this to file a complaint thru OSHA. you only have 30 days from infraction. Management is being instructed to say they saw infractions even if they don't . They all have that dreaded disease " Lie-a-beetees .so we need to get them help. And yes we do have contract language to protect us, but when the Union is letting the grievance process drag out for a year, it gives management a little to much time to make a good employee look like a bad one. So OSHA unfortunately is the faster process.
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Butt getting sore?
  9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Do the fake 3 point.

Why are folks late for work?
  10. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

So one of the issues that place a target on one's back is over allowed so the solution is to enforce the methods that make the day longer. I always get a kick out of this concept.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Think it's funny when dumb dumb center twerp tells drivers that they are doing intersection observations in front of the building today and guys are still rolling out on their cell phones or looking at their ...they heAr something and still don't care... In one ear and out the other..
  12. Coldworld

Screw em
  13. 1Low59

1Low59 Active Member

What gets me the most is when the Safety Committee is out doing observations with management in the morning.
    Lasted edited by : Sep 5, 2016
  14. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

True. All you really need to do is tap it. Doesn't say grab hand rail. Says use it. Me - I work really slow. I grab it to slow me down
  15. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Ours used to use rentals about 2 yrs ago. Only thing is. They work give them selves away. Lately my manager texts me he's gonna come observe. So far he has cancelled it 10 times.
  16. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

Rentals can be difficult but not impossible to ID. We look for cars backed in to driveways. They always, always back in.
  17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I never understood that. Maybe once a year or so, any more than that, a person needs to leave for work earlier.
  18. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

We have the same 3-4 people show up RIGHT AT the start time every day
  19. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Now they are going on private property? Wow.
  20. Coldworld

That's the only way to do it why do I want to come in an hour early and sit there with a bunch of guys and moan and groan about the company moan and groan about my hours but then I don't want to get onto the 9.5 list....