Management weaponizing area observations

Limper

Out For Delivery
It's a full court press from management in our building. Area and intersection observations are the new harrassment tools.

In our center any driver who has attendance issues, 9.5 grievances, or over allowed hours are targets for this harrassment. And......they're in rental cars this time around, so spotting them is difficult.

A driver in my group(Attendance problems) was followed 4 days in a row, nailed for not using three points of contact each day, and is now facing 3 day suspension(4 when you count the 1 day).

Our local is on it, but so far no relief from over supervision.

feeder05

never have understood why you let that bother. we have language in the cintract about harassment and being over supervised...learn the contract then file

Indecisi0n

It's a full court press from management in our building. Area and intersection observations are the new harrassment tools.

In our center any driver who has attendance issues, 9.5 grievances, or over allowed hours are targets for this harrassment. And......they're in rental cars this time around, so spotting them is difficult.

A driver in my group(Attendance problems) was followed 4 days in a row, nailed for not using three points of contact each day, and is now facing 3 day suspension(4 when you count the 1 day).

I would love to have 3 days off.

Sheep DAWG

UPS has already been reported to OSHA for using safety as a tool for discipline. I urge each center going thru this to file a complaint thru OSHA. you only have 30 days from infraction. Management is being instructed to say they saw infractions even if they don't . They all have that dreaded disease " Lie-a-beetees .so we need to get them help. And yes we do have contract language to protect us, but when the Union is letting the grievance process drag out for a year, it gives management a little to much time to make a good employee look like a bad one. So OSHA unfortunately is the faster process.

JL 0513

So one of the issues that place a target on one's back is over allowed so the solution is to enforce the methods that make the day longer. I always get a kick out of this concept.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Think it's funny when dumb dumb center twerp tells drivers that they are doing intersection observations in front of the building today and guys are still rolling out on their cell phones or looking at their diad....lol ...they heAr something and still don't care... In one ear and out the other..

1Low59

Think it's funny when dumb dumb center twerp tells drivers that they are doing intersection observations in front of the building today and guys are still rolling out on their cell phones or looking at their diad....lol ...they heAr something and still don't care... In one ear and out the other.
What gets me the most is when the Safety Committee is out doing observations with management in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Ours used to use rentals about 2 yrs ago. Only thing is. They work give them selves away. Lately my manager texts me he's gonna come observe. So far he has cancelled it 10 times.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Ours used to use rentals about 2 yrs ago. Only thing is. They work give them selves away. Lately my manager texts me he's gonna come observe. So far he has cancelled it 10 times.

Rentals can be difficult but not impossible to ID. We look for cars backed in to driveways. They always, always back in.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have the same 3-4 people show up RIGHT AT the start time every day
That's the only way to do it why do I want to come in an hour early and sit there with a bunch of guys and moan and groan about the company moan and groan about my hours but then I don't want to get onto the 9.5 list....