Management weaponizing hour lunch

Brownsfan

We have a big issue in our building with lots of drivers on the9.5 list. So the company has started forcing us to take 1 hour lunches, But not everyone. The people with service issues get a pass.

It's annoying as hell when they tell one person take a half,and force the other person with discipline if they don't take theirs.

All during Xmas we were one big happy family and now the yearly war has begun. How is your management team handing lunches?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
We have a big issue in our building with lots of drivers on the9.5 list. So the company has started forcing us to take 1 hour lunches, But not everyone. The people with service issues get a pass.

It's annoying as hell when they tell one person take a half,and force the other person with discipline if they don't take theirs.

All during Xmas we were one big happy family and now the yearly war has begun. How is your management team handing lunches?
I don't know how they think that's going to reduce 9.5's. Do they think everyone is going to sheet lunch then run and gun? Jokes on them if that's the case.

Bottom rung

I don't know how they think that's going to reduce 9.5's. Do they think everyone is going to sheet lunch then run and gun? Jokes on them if that's the case.
Plenty of weak and spineless will work through it to get done. Exactly as planned. We were allowed to choose between a half and full hour break. A whole bunch switched to half hour. Funny how over half the guys have the same amount of work yet don't get done earlier.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Wish we could get everyone in our building to get on the 9.5 list. 85% of our center is NOT on the list and they are the same ones who are skipping lunch. Taking lunch should be mandatory for all and being on the 9.5 list should be automatic, but IF a person wants the OT,then they have to opt out of the 9.5 list.

FEDUPZE

Wish we could get everyone in our building to get on the 9.5 list. 85% of our center is NOT on the list and they are the same ones who are skipping lunch. Taking lunch should be mandatory for all and being on the 9.5 list should be automatic, but IF a person wants the OT,then they have to opt out of the 9.5 list.
It is rumored that at some centers with a strong union actually have the DIAD turn off during 12-1pm to force employees to take lunch. Some superstars probably sort for an hour anyway. Sad!

Brownsfan

They pretty much told us that "if we make you take an hour, then you'll run all day to make up the time". Sadly for them it has the opposite effect. I end up being pissed all day and just work at very smooth even pace.

fres431

Somewhere in contract possibly NorCal supplemental but I think national since I was reading up on it other day it states that 1hr lunch required. If management instructs you to take a half hour lunch then the remaining half hour is to be paid at 1.5 x pay. Play the game just don't cheat yourself into getting fired

box_beeyotch

In my local a one hour lunch is required between the 4th and 6th hour. You know...except for during peak when it's put 10 min in and go home.

Brownsfan

Somewhere in contract possibly NorCal supplemental but I think national since I was reading up on it other day it states that 1hr lunch required. If management instructs you to take a half hour lunch then the remaining half hour is to be paid at 1.5 x pay. Play the game just don't cheat yourself into getting fired
In my local a one hour lunch is required between the 4th and 6th hour. You know...except for during peak when it's put 10 min in and go home.

In our local hour lunch was optional in the last contract, but in the new contract it states an hour. Why the hell and who the hell would think it would be better nit to have the option? It's just frustrating. I don't mind working late. I just don't like sitting around for the extra half hour. I could be home sooner. That's all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I drive almost an hour to work everyday. If I have a good dispatch and can get off early I'll skip ad much break as possible. Only have to take 10 paid.

However virtually all in town routes in my center are set up to skip break.

All businesses til 3-4 then pick ups til 5 or later. I'm taking my full hour on these routes from now on. I'm fully prepared for :censored2: to hit the fan.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would like to know more about this process well.
Call your local union hall and ask to speak with your Business Agent. Different areas have different language regarding lunch. In my area, it is the drivers choice whether to take a full hour or a half hour, provided that service is not affected.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I've done my share of lunch skipping as a young cover driver.
I was a fool. Didn't know better. Left thousands on the table to get home early.
When you get your own route, take every minute of that lunch break.
If you skip any of it, I have 5 words for you.....
YOU WILL GET MORE WORK

Most say it won't happen to them, BUT IT ALWAYS DOES.

rweyant

Step 1, take your lunch early. If you wait until later in the day crop is going to happen and you might not get to take it.
Step 2. Communicate with management any service issues caused by taking your lunch break after you've taken it.
Step 3. Don't be afraid to tell them tough :censored2:. I don't believe anyone has ever been fired for taking their break. If you create enough service failures someone's bonus is going to shrink and :censored2: will rain down upon these people and it will get fixed.