Management weaponizing hour lunch

Sounds like the issue is when ups takes out an automatic lunch. Also sounds like this might be against many state laws.

T

Turdferguson

8 hour request, you get 2 per month!
Next time put in an 8 hour request.
It was less hassle just to do it my way when I needed off. Yes I know by the contract I am allowed two per month. Some times you just don't feel like fighting them, and the times I HAD to be off I could count on one hand. This isn't a 9-5 job and I knew that going in to it. Whenever they loaded me up I had no problem breaking it off in them and making them call me back in because I was out too late. Told them before I left and refused to ask for help. Never wanted to give them the satisfaction of thinking they were helping me out. Most of them I wouldn't urinate on them if they were on fire and their kids were screaming for someone to help them, not that they have made me too bitter.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm guilty of sometimes not taking my lunch during the required time frame. I stop and eat around lunchtime but save the rest for after the route. I do that to save daylight on certain routes where even having a flashlight doesn't help much because of too many :censored2:bags having light gold numbers on their mailboxes.

But I take every second of my lunch and never forego eating lunch because of potential service failures. That's one reason why I have passed on learning a mall route or any other that has SADR accounts around lunchtime. I was never forced on such routes like I had been others because it was known that I don't give a **** about their numbers. If they set me up to fail I must certainly will. ORION is looking like it definitely will set us all up for failures. The problem is that it's failures could involve safety.

Ron Carey lives on

Whatever is convenient for the dispatcher" why didn't you take a lunch" " Don't take such a long lunch in the middle of the day" get ahead of the ball deliver the same speed everyday, it helps your 9.5' s

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

I took a 10 minute lunch yesterday... Only 10 minutes will be deducted from my pay.
They started doing that here after that lawsuit in Ca where drivers sued UPS for not getting paid their hours and UPS automatically taking 50mins out.

fedupups

what is wrong with u people...take a 1hr friggin lunch and stop doing this company favors...let them deal with missed commercial deliveries and pick ups...show a spine and get on a 9.5 list...yes I do all of the above and yes I am a steward and yes 99 percent of my center does the same as me...if you stand up for yourself follow THEIR methods daily you can survive in this semi-life sentence for 25 years..

what is wrong with u people...take a 1hr friggin lunch and stop doing this company favors...let them deal with missed commercial deliveries and pick ups...show a spine and get on a 9.5 list...yes I do all of the above and yes I am a steward and yes 99 percent of my center does the same as me...if you stand up for yourself follow THEIR methods daily you can survive in this semi-life sentence for 25 years..
Try being a cover driver for 20 years.

By The Book

I took a 1 minute lunch every day for the last 2 weeks of peak. And only one minute was deducted from my pay. Life is good.
Is peak the only time of year you do this? If it is and the rest of the year you take your full lunch, I'm wondering why you would give up your lunch at peak.