Management wearing brown driver uniform?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
At my hub, the managers wear drivers clothes sometimes. What's up with that? I find out that I gained seniority since Monday, hence union. Woyeah!! Should I file a grievance on this?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You can only file if they are doing a driver's work........which they don't like to do. They have to wear Browns anytime they go out on the road with a driver.

FilingBluesFL

I seriously don't doubt that they are working. I'm filing first thing in the morning tomorrow. Whether they like it or not.

And risk getting callouses on their pretty soft hands?

Nah, more than likely just doing a safety ride, or multiple safety rides and observations. Don't get ahead of yourself. Do some investigating first, THEN file when you have proof of them working. Otherwise you're just making yourself look like an ass.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can only file if they are doing a driver's work........which they don't like to do. They have to wear Browns anytime they go out on the road with a driver.

And risk getting callouses on their pretty soft hands?

Nah, more than likely just doing a safety ride, or multiple safety rides and observations. Don't get ahead of yourself. Do some investigating first, THEN file when you have proof of them working. Otherwise you're just making yourself look like an ass.

How am I going to investigate when I'm in a trailer 80% of the time lifting boxes? I think the best way to solve a problem is going after the snake's head, hence management.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
U can't file unless you observe a sup working. Wearing browns means nothing at all. Probably just riding along with another driver.

Love the gung ho about u but u need to talk to a steward and read the contract over over and over again.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm so old I remember when Management wore ties(even part time supes) and when Shorts were authorized for hourly,management were FORBIDDEN to wear them on an OJS.

FilingBluesFL

How am I going to investigate when I'm in a trailer 80% of the time lifting boxes? I think the best way to solve a problem is going after the snake's head, hence management.

If there is NO problem, then there is NO problem to SOLVE.

"Investigating" means talking to fellow teamsters, determining if a supervisor was actually performing bargaining unit work, and then, if a supervisor is truly working, then you can file.

Just slinging around blue papers on assumptions and fantasy is a waste of a perfectly good sheet of blue paper.

Down here, if a supervisor is working, the company is fighting that if you do not have signed and written statements of observation of the supervisor working from other witnesses (Teamsters), then it's pretty much thrown out and a waste of time.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They send you home, according to you, early everyday. Making waves about things that don't affect you is a great way to paint a bigger target on your back, new meat.
No offense, but if everybody had your "weak man's mentality", we would all be ruled by kings and queens to this day. I don't care if it makes me vulnerable, I'm fighting for what I believe in, fair is fair! I don't care about the repercussion. I don't even really plan on making UPS a career anyway. I'm going to fight for my co-workers who are being jerked around by these management snobs. My third week at UPS, one of my co-workers worked 17.5 hours and management cooked his timecard and put that he worked 10 hours. When he confronted management about it, he was fired the next day. How sick is that?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No offense, but if everybody had your "weak man's mentality", we would all be ruled by kings and queens to this day. I don't care if it makes me vulnerable, I'm fighting for what I believe in, fair is fair! I don't care about the repercussion. I don't even really plan on making UPS a career anyway. I'm going to fight for my co-workers who are being jerked around by these management snobs. My third week at UPS, one of my co-workers worked 17.5 hours and management cooked his timecard and put that he worked 10 hours. When he confronted management about it, he was fired the next day. How sick is that?

​Wonder who will be next on their list?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
At my hub, the managers wear drivers clothes sometimes. What's up with that? I find out that I gained seniority since Monday, hence union. Woyeah!! Should I file a grievance on this?

​Dave?

JDAM00

A supervisor doing drivers work is something you can grieve. I caution you on taking an approach to your new job as grieve anything you can, and go after the snakes head. You are still newer employee, and taking that approach will usually lead to a target ending up on your back. I'm not saying be afraid of management and let these things slide, just know what you are getting into before you take it on. I see a lot of posts from people on here who tried to take on management, and are now in some sticky situations. I would take it slow. Talk to your steward about it. Let him know what you have seen, and come up with a plan with him/her on how to approach it.