Management's answer is " whatever " ?

gorilla75jdw

My hub has been pretty good about providing bottled water to the employees during most days this summer , but they (management) has chose to store the bottled water outside , in direct sunlight for days and weeks . I approached a full-time safety rep today about the storing of the water in direct warm/hot sunlight , and how numerous studies have shown it causes cancer . My safety reps answer was "whatever" it has not been proven . But yet giving what happened in Birmingham just this week , one would think they would try to do better , as usual though guess not .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My hub has been pretty good about providing bottled water to the employees during most days this summer , but they (management) has chose to store the bottled water outside , in direct sunlight for days and weeks . I approached a full-time safety rep today about the storing of the water in direct warm/hot sunlight , and how numerous studies have shown it causes cancer . My safety reps answer was "whatever" it has not been proven . But yet giving what happened in Birmingham just this week , one would think they would try to do better , as usual though guess not .
If you're concerned about it....bring your own beverages from home. Diesel fumes can cause cancer too....management doesn't seem too worried about that!

Returntosender

phone_zps5e02cd98.gif

gorilla75jdw

Been here 23 years . I bring my own water/gatorade daily , but alot of the part time folks don't . I guess being a stage 4 cancer survivor I just notice things like this . I know about the yellow water , been there done that too.

T

Turdferguson

They dont have water fountains there? What about satin and velvet pillows to move the boxes around the center. If not file & use article 867 subsection 5309

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
the caring and appreciation disappeared years ago along with common sense and fair days load

worldwide

You are comparing what a murderer did to two innocent people and their families to getting free water at work that is warm? Why don't you take responsibility for yourself and bring in your own ice cold Fiji bottled water? "Problem" solved.

wo88upsman

I am like the post above what does storing water outside have to do with what happened in Birmingham? I kind a think maybe you have been out in the sun to long too.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I am like the post above what does storing water outside have to do with what happened in Birmingham? I kind a think maybe you have been out in the sun to long too.
Theres no correlation only a empty forum message on a personal water problem

Overpaid Union Thug

Do you guy still have the slushy machines? I used to run down from smalls two or three times a night for refills when I worked there. When the machines were working that is.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am still stuck on the 'water in the sun causes cancer.'

I would think that is something that would require a warning label on a bottle.

You do realize that if you google stuff on WebMD, the answer is always 'cancer'? Right?!?!?