Management's answer is " whatever " ?

gorilla75jdw

And lots of avoiding answering the member's questions too. I'd rather them tell us they don't know the answer or even that they know but just don't want us to than hear a line of BS that barely has anything to do with what the member asked.

Sent using BrownCafe App
That's why I don't go down there anymore for the meetings unless it's just something crucial about my job .

gorilla75jdw

I kind of do have 1 other complaint along the same lines as the bottled water complaint . At my hub , there is "tobacco free facility" and "tobacco free workplace" signs everywhere , at every entrance and exit door , in every restroom (I can only speak for the men's restrooms) , they even have stickers in the trucks and put a memo on each door to the building stating that on a certain date (earlier this year ,2014) that the company would hand out discipline if an employee was caught using any form of tobacco in the trucks , both feeder and package car . But even after all the signs and memos the company has erected barriers outside each door of our hub that is designated as a break area and smoking area . Here is where I have an issue : every single door to the facility has these barriers for employees to use as break/smoking areas . So in a hub that runs 300 part time employees on the midnight and twilight sorts , what does a non smoker who wants to enjoy his measly 10 minute break outside in the designated break area without being subjected to all the smoke from the smokers . I have lucked out on this issue because of a couple of reasons like : I'm fulltime and I'm yard certified , meaning I can put on my reflective super man vest and get out into the yard area and away from the smoke , but I know that there has to be others who feel the same way about this issue . I don't want to piss off all the smokers and file a grievance on this problem , but eventually I do look to talk with upper management , namely the division manager and see if we can compromise on making some of those outside break/smoking areas non smoking areas so that the nonsmokers do not have to breathe second hand smoke .

Now go ahead fellow Teamster brothers and bash my head in again for trying to look out for your health again . Lol

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I kind of do have 1 other complaint along the same lines as the bottled water complaint . At my hub , there is "tobacco free facility" and "tobacco free workplace" signs everywhere , at every entrance and exit door , in every restroom (I can only speak for the men's restrooms) , they even have stickers in the trucks and put a memo on each door to the building stating that on a certain date (earlier this year ,2014) that the company would hand out discipline if an employee was caught using any form of tobacco in the trucks , both feeder and package car . But even after all the signs and memos the company has erected barriers outside each door of our hub that is designated as a break area and smoking area . Here is where I have an issue : every single door to the facility has these barriers for employees to use as break/smoking areas . So in a hub that runs 300 part time employees on the midnight and twilight sorts , what does a non smoker who wants to enjoy his measly 10 minute break outside in the designated break area without being subjected to all the smoke from the smokers . I have lucked out on this issue because of a couple of reasons like : I'm fulltime and I'm yard certified , meaning I can put on my reflective super man vest and get out into the yard area and away from the smoke , but I know that there has to be others who feel the same way about this issue . I don't want to piss off all the smokers and file a grievance on this problem , but eventually I do look to talk with upper management , namely the division manager and see if we can compromise on making some of those outside break/smoking areas non smoking areas so that the nonsmokers do not have to breathe second hand smoke .
As a driver I never have noticed that but we have a break area like that and I can see how annoying that would be. I stop their at 8 am to get ice and that crappie smell of a cigarette makes you hurry up. Lets face it smokers don't care and you have to with a request for a place to eat without unhealthy second hand smoke.
Now go ahead fellow Teamster brothers and bash my head in again for trying to look out for your health again . Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am also an avid non-smoker but do understand that smokers "need" a designated area to light up.

We are only talking 10 minutes here----why don't you go sit in your car and catch up on your e-mail/messages?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

You don't have a breakrooms inside your building? They do in mine...it would take me 10 min to walk out to my car and back inside.

Overpaid Union Thug

So, drivers aren't allowed to smoke in the package cars or tractors either? Man I wish they'd enforce that at my building. I can't stand being in a truck that had a smoker driving it the day before. Nasty people. But would else should I expect from someone with such a nasty habit

Sent using BrownCafe App

So, drivers aren't allowed to smoke in the package cars or tractors either? Man I wish they'd enforce that at my building. I can't stand being in a truck that had a smoker driving it the day before. Nasty people. But would else should I expect from someone with such a nasty habit

Sent using BrownCafe App
A rule is only as good as it's enforcement. We have 2 cars nobody wants to touch because they stink so bad. Of course the regular drivers are clueless as to why.

gorilla75jdw

I am also an avid non-smoker but do understand that smokers "need" a designated area to light up.

We are only talking 10 minutes here----why don't you go sit in your car and catch up on your e-mail/messages?
Our parking lot is 10 minutes away . Wouldn't have time to get back from break , you would be late.

gorilla75jdw

Sent using BrownCafe App
Drivers still smoke in the trucks and to my knowledge , no discipline has been given yet .

Nimnim

The Nim
You don't have a breakrooms inside your building? They do in mine...it would take me 10 min to walk out to my car and back inside.

Hell the break rooms at my hub have AC, why would someone want to go stand in the humid 80+ degree heat for some fresh air when they can sit in a closer, yes the break rooms are all closer than the outside smoking areas that are next to dumpsters, break room that has seating arrangements instead of spending more time to get to the smoking areas.

It's always great when people go out of their way to go to the smoking areas to complain about smokers when there's far nicer areas provided for the non smokers.