Manager Been Trying To Fire Me For Months Now

Gucci23

Hey! I've been working at Fedex for 1 year now and I'm a package handler. They require a load rate of 365 package/hr but I have been doing about 270-300 every day since day 1. A few days i'll be around 350+. (I work the Chicago trailer which takes about 600packages/hr by myself). I have lost count with out many writes up I have signed over the past months as they mean nothing to me. My manager has tried every thing to get me to leave. He told me I will work the Chicago trailer every day (that's my assigned trailer). He has asked me to quit (If you don't like the job please quit.) If I dare to call out it's an instant write up. I'friend im late it's in instant write up. He has tried to have the main mangers take random pictures of my trailer hoping the package aren't to the top of the trailer. Nothing has worked as I am always one step ahead of them.

This is to give you an idea of how I'm treated at fedex by my manager. The workers are cool but I don't get to talk to them. If they jump in my trailer they are taken out my the manager. So I have a few questions:

1. Do I have job security?
2. When on earth does my vacation time restart? How often? I just found out that I have 10hrs vacation and I was never told.
3. Who should I talk to about my manager that works outside our Fedex Ground Hub? I want to make a complaint.
4. IF I was fired could I do anything with the court system?
5. How do I get a promotion? I feel if I stay 20+yrs I will still be package handling.
6. How do I know when I will have insurance?

I'm a part time midnight worker. (Nashville)

STFXG

Maybe pick up the pace. Why would you get a promotion when you can't even handle loading a trailer? Sounds like you aren't cut out for fedex. Try fast food. Maybe not. That pace might be too much.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Gucci23

Maybe pick up the pace. Why would you get a promotion when you can't even handle loading a trailer? Sounds like you aren't cut out for fedex. Try fast food. Maybe not. That pace might be too much.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The average load rate is only 200/hr bro. This isn't the main hub where you guys are working slavery

HomeDelivery

wow you got a target on your back for some reason

lateral move to a HD hub instead, same rate of pay... but they work in the AM only

Good luck

STFXG

The average load rate is only 200/hr bro. This isn't the main hub where you guys are working slavery

"They require a load rate of 365 package/hr but I have been doing about 270-300 every day since day 1." My assumption was off what you stated.

If they wanted you gone you would be gone. They want you scared and working harder. Sounds like you just have a poor manager who is unable to motivate using a tactic other than fear.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If they fire you for incompetence, you can draw unemployment. Misconduct, no but incompetence, yes.

Remind them about that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey! I've been working at Fedex for 1 year now and I'm a package handler. They require a load rate of 365 package/hr but I have been doing about 270-300 every day since day 1. A few days i'll be around 350+. (I work the Chicago trailer which takes about 600packages/hr by myself). I have lost count with out many writes up I have signed over the past months as they mean nothing to me. My manager has tried every thing to get me to leave. He told me I will work the Chicago trailer every day (that's my assigned trailer). He has asked me to quit (If you don't like the job please quit.) If I dare to call out it's an instant write up. I'friend im late it's in instant write up. He has tried to have the main mangers take random pictures of my trailer hoping the package aren't to the top of the trailer. Nothing has worked as I am always one step ahead of them.

This is to give you an idea of how I'm treated at fedex by my manager. The workers are cool but I don't get to talk to them. If they jump in my trailer they are taken out my the manager. So I have a few questions:

2. When on earth does my vacation time restart? How often? I just found out that I have 10hrs vacation and I was never told.
3. Who should I talk to about my manager that works outside our Fedex Ground Hub? I want to make a complaint.
5. How do I get a promotion? I feel if I stay 20+yrs I will still be package handling.

Quit now. You'll never regret it.

Just do things right, be on time and never call in sick. Do that for 25 years and if you happen to need surgery which keeps you off your rte for 91 days, you'll be rewarded by being fired off the rte. Welcome.

Gucci23

They even lied to me. When I first started they told me that I would get a .50 cent pay raise every week. After working a year recently I found out there was a top out pay of $13 dollars... That wasn't on the application & the paperwork. Should I go to UPS? I'm only 19.

Atleast they will give me insurance when I hit 1000hrs. So far I'm around 300hrs after 1 yr. So 2 more years of slavery and i'll be there.

White Line

1. No one at FedEx has job security i.e. managers, employees, or contractors.
2. Have no idea, I didn't know part time FedEx Ground employees got vacation.
3. Don't know.
4. That's a legal question for a lawyer.
5. Into what? What are your goals? Management? Driving?
6. Have no idea, like the vacations I didn't know part time package handlers got health insurance.
7. I read your other post also so I will just answer here too, if I was 19 again I would go to UPS, especially if you want to be a driver, hit up the UPS guys on this site about the details, but I do know it takes awhile to go full time there, but if and when you do, you will be making a hell off a lot more money than you would driving FedEx and better benefits too, which like you pointed out on your other post you will get after 1000 hours of part time employment, that's what I would do.

dezguy

They even lied to me. When I first started they told me that I would get a .50 cent pay raise every week. After working a year recently I found out there was a top out pay of $13 dollars... That wasn't on the application & the paperwork. Should I go to UPS? I'm only 19.

Atleast they will give me insurance when I hit 1000hrs. So far I'm around 300hrs after 1 yr. So 2 more years of slavery and i'll be there.

FedEx loves lying. We've had managers at my sta tell new people they would be full time within 5 years, during their interview. Meanwhile we have guys who have a decade in who are still pt.

Gucci23

FedEx loves lying. We've had managers at my sta tell new people they would be full time within 5 years, during their interview. Meanwhile we have guys who have a decade in who are still pt.
Full time is easy at our Fedex. All have have to do is stay for the next shift if you want extra pay. If you want full time just tell human resources and they will make you full time but I'm already a full time student so I can't do it.

Gucci23

1. No one at FedEx has job security i.e. managers, employees, or contractors.
2. Have no idea, I didn't know part time FedEx Ground employees got vacation.
6. Have no idea, like the vacations I didn't know part time package handlers got health insurance.

Yeah, after 1000 hrs you get insurance. As for vacation I don't know when you get it but you get 10hrs as a part timer. I have no idea when it resets or how it even works. I found out when I called out sick and the manager asked me if I wanted to use a vacation day and I asked how many do I have. HE told me it's 10hrs for part time. So I don't know when I got it or how long I had it. I knew about the insurance though