Manager determined to fire

I have a manager issue that involves him magnifying everything Im doing wrong but not that good stuff he doesnt even know about. I became a driver with high hopes and enthusiasm. I am now on the verge of becoming a no give a crap, talk about everyone, keep things stirred in secret employee. Should I treat others as I would want? Or beat them at their game i know all too well?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I have a manager issue that involves him magnifying everything Im doing wrong but not that good stuff he doesnt even know about. I became a driver with high hopes and enthusiasm. I am now on the verge of becoming a no give a crap, talk about everyone, keep things stirred in secret employee. Should I treat others as I would want? Or beat them at their game i know all too well?
You must have just made book, welcome to the next 30 years of your life.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I dont know how you know that but yes i just got hired and i can handle the pressure should I speak now about the way he is half-managing? Or would i get fired? Warned?
Grow thick skin and show no weakness. The only things you should care about in order are safety and service (with integrity). Do those two things and let the rest ride off your back, you'll make it to the end if you can master them both.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
One other thing as far as other employees are concerned, speak only to management when you're on the clock, if being threatened with discipline, with a steward as well. Other hourlies treat them all with the heart of a brother or sister. If one stabs you in the back or is a known ball washer, just stay clear and don't talk to them about anything you don't want management knowing about. You'll develop a group of other drivers that you can trust and they should help you get through it all.

Yep the tough skins coming back out even after changing my ways. And i had to let the "fake wanna fit ins" alone. Thanks I just have to be about me.

P

pickup

I dont know how you know that but yes i just got hired and i can handle the pressure should I speak now about the way he is half-managing? Or would i get fired? Warned?

Deal with it for the time being , you have to focus on "outliving" him, i.e. being there when he moves on (promoted, sideways promotion, heart attack, etc) . This manager saw you at your worst while you were making book. He probably knows more tricks to get under your skin that you do in regards to getting under his. As someone else said, grow a thick skin.

Wait until the next manager replaces him, this new manager won't see the stupid idiot that was learning to driving a package car, he will see someone that knows about the job(his and yours) better than he does.

Cementups

Box Monkey
He's trying to break you. Just do everything by the book. Dot your T's and cross your i's. He will back down eventually. Or some new guy will be in soon to take his place and you start the game all over again.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I had a center manager who was a ruthless :censored2: !!!!!! Didn't appreciate my work but wanted me to work like a monkey and do everything the way he said. Thankfully I waited him out and he left, this is the way you have to approach it. You will be there WAY longer than he will, just make sure you do everything correctly til then.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Best advice...make sure you are in the right by the contract and if you can manage it, have the moral high ground. Sometimes though...dealing with some sups, the moral high ground just doesn't exist. Some of them are sleazy and slimy. Make sure you don't get into a stupid contest with a stupid sup. They have more practice than you and will beat you with experience. Have a thick skin, do your best but remember you have 20-30 years of humping cardboard ahead of you, so take care of your body. Understand some of them are under retarded amounts of pressure and aren't smart enough or have the courage to change jobs or have the social skills to thrive in that world. Accept it of them and go about your life...which UPS shouldn't run. Don't take that :censored2: home with you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You want to win? Do the job and don't worry about them. Sure, they may OJS, have you in the office, etc, but if you are doing everything right, there if nothing they can do. Always protect yourself.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You want to win? Do the job and don't worry about them. Sure, they may OJS, have you in the office, etc, but if you are doing everything right, there if nothing they can do. Always protect yourself.
and if you want to take it up a notch,TELL them that so long as you follow the contract there is nothing they can do.