Manager Fired

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by jimstud, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jimstud

jimstud Banned

In the Brockton building we have been told a nasty rumor that a new District Manager in Tampa Fl. was fired because of a drug problem. Please tell me there is no truth to that rumor?
  2. chris3233

chris3233 New Member

how did you hear this? was this recent?
  3. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

What, district managers are above that? We have drivers fired for it every month. Why not managers as well?

4. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

District Manager fired?
    I hear that bi-monthly
  5. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Can't really confirm that tale.
    Yes the part about getting caught with the drugs was true. His being canned I haven't heard .
  6. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

How many would agree that the company has a higher than average problem of drugs and alcohol abuse than other companies with the same amount of employees. How many think much of this is directly related to the "culture" of ups.
  7. local804

I did see a study a few years back ranking UPS in the top 15 percentile of high stress jobs. Not too sure id agree with the drug and alcohol abusers, but hey, you never know.
  8. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Well, if this is true I'm sure you can dig up some kind of stats somewhere.
  9. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Would this be the same manager that was the recent topic of discussion in another thread (the one no one seemed to like; that fired people at will)?
  10. GoBrown???

GoBrown??? New Member

the one and only
  11. chris3233

chris3233 New Member

how do you know that the part with getting caught with the drugs is really true? that could be a rumor too ya know
  12. UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer Well-Known Member

I doubt that UPS is any different than any other company. If I had to guess, I would say the incidence of abuse is a lot less because of UPS position or "tolerance".

Remember that we have some where in the vicinity of 400,000 employees. I would think that we would have to mirror the make up of the general population to a major degree.
  13. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

oh ya its true
  14. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

They say what comes around goes around. I wonder what kind of support network he is going to receive?
  15. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

i heard that rumor also,but as always we can spread around what we can't confirm cuz it may come back and bite us in the :censored2:, this guy has been all around Ma.and I know he has been sent to Tampa and he had an incident a few yrs ago somewhere in Ma.
  16. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

some one best tell him he was there friday.
  17. smf0605

smf0605 Member

It can't possibly be the same person ... the manager from Brockton went as a Division Manager .. not District Manager
  18. tieguy

tieguy Banned

I think you may have the ranks confused. District managers don't get fired bi-monthly.
  19. tups

tups New Member

Incident in Mass. may have been a drunk driving bust, from what has been talked about.
  20. local804

Yes Tie, you are partially correct. I forgot the other DM got a demotion not the boot out the door. One fired, one demoted . :)
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008