Manager threatening to hold paper work

It will be fine

It's around 15-20% for a corporate account and they are always running some type of sale or promotion that brings it down further. They really do give you sure footing though. You can easily walk through back kitchens at restaurants or oily shop floors and not kill yourself. Biggest complaint I've heard is they don't breath well so the guys have sweaty feet as soon as they start working.

It's around 15-20% for a corporate account and they are always running some type of sale or promotion that brings it down further. They really do give you sure footing though. You can easily walk through back kitchens at restaurants or oily shop floors and not kill yourself. Biggest complaint I've heard is they don't breath well so the guys have sweaty feet as soon as they start working.
How do you know what shoes to buy for each employee? Do you let them pick each out individually or just buy one type in all their sizes?

It will be fine

How do you know what shoes to buy for each employee? Do you let them pick each out individually or just buy one type in all their sizes?
I let them choose the style. I'll pay up to $50 if they want a pair that's more they pay the difference. They send me catalogues constantly so it's easy to pass them around.

Roxi

It surprises me that they would do so, given the fact that if it's not delivered on on time it's free. So if they paid for two day shipping and the terminal manager holds you from delivery any day after that second day is free for the shipper and there funds are refunded. They are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Roxi

If you get a business contract with SFC you give your guys the catalogs or go online (the website is the best place to find out the true fit for some of the shoes) let them pick. Whatever is comfortable. Set your own policy on what you will pay. I also manage at McD's and i have never had anything but amazing shoes from SFC. We get a discount because of the volume. Because i'm on my feet all the time I buy shoes every 3 months so that I can rotate them out. A good practice for delivery drivers would be to cover a portion (or all if you are so inclined) of two pairs of shoes a year. Then let them purchase any additional that they want. SFC will still give them the company discount agreed upon in your contract.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Iwbf, you're a good contractor for setting it up like that...

hey FX Ground management, why don't you set up a HUGE account for ALL your subcontractors? ??? It'll be a win win situation if i don't have to goto wallyworld for their version of safety shoes. I.e. their treadsafe and Brahma brands, avia dr scholls wide width ones, etc...

PS, Roxi, ummmm

It surprises me that they would do so, given the fact that if it's not delivered on on time it's free. So if they paid for two day shipping and the terminal manager holds you from delivery any day after that second day is free for the shipper and there funds are refunded. They are only shooting themselves in the foot.

kdKdw.gif

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
Ground has delivery day guarantees as well. We've had them forever, shippers can get reimbursed if it's late.

Didn't know that. The Ground guys in my area act like they take what they want on road as far as stops are concerned and I didn't recall seeing any markings for commit days. Good to know, thanks.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
McFeely, yea its called "date certain " where it has to go out on a truck on that day... i had a few of them over the years and i guess it still cost less than an express surcharge.

I had one for a military resis that had to be delivered on a Sat... the parcel was still in transit via linehaul and didn't arrive until Tues in the HD division. The sender was pissed, but i told the QA agent to tell them to send it airmail~ Express next time u want it quicker. The resis relatives have to now reship it to his deployment address overseas. At least they got the shipping fees refunded

It's entirely selfish. Shoes are cheaper and easier to deal with than work comp and missed time.

Yea, we had a driver sprained her ankle. She wanted to keep working but her Dr. said not until the end of the month! There goes the contractor's WC contribution!

Last edited:

Exec32

For HD/Ground, is it anywhere in the contract that states the terminal can hold a drivers paper work for any reason so that they can't deliver packages? This seems to be the way our terminal likes to "show you who's boss". We just had a meeting stating that if the drivers don't have black shoes on, they won't be able to get their paperwork for the day. I don't make my guys wear black shoes, just what is most comfortable to them as long as they are not obnoxious. Dress code is in the contract but holding paper work is not. The employees of the terminal never wear fedex gear. You would never know that they even worked for fedex.
Could someone please enlighten me to where this is in the contract. Specifically about attire, including shoes?

Exec32

I'd back out of the HD system and just do an offline login and deliver off the sequence on the boxes. Don't let them push you around like this. Tell them you can have a discussion about your failure to meet the uniform requirements with their recourse being not paying you the uniform settlement or terminate your contract. You can't let them interfere with your operation.
You can also just bring back a bunch of boxes with DNAs. If it takes you 5 man hours for your people to get black shoes, bring back 100 boxes. They only respond to failure, make this policy hurt them.
It's probably easiest to just make sure your employees are properly uniformed though. They'll forget about this in a week anyway.
My guys are trained to work completely independent of their system. New guys create there own manifest the night before after receiving it by email at 515 pm.
I have a problem with purchasing cloths with a trademark copy written insignia without any compensation. WHY is X on the uniforms I paid full price for?
Of course I am still IC state.

bbsam

Staff member
  1. Yea, we had a driver sprained her ankle. She wanted to keep working but her Dr. said not until the end of the month! There goes the contractor's WC contribution!
I wouldn't lay her off if doctor allowed "light duty". Put her in driver's seat and send her with another driver and give her good training on another route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't lay her off if doctor allowed "light duty". Put her in driver's seat and send her with another driver and give her good training on another route.

We had a driver hurt himself (hernia) and before he went out to have surgery he took a new driver on his route for 3 days. She ran it alone today and was back at the same time I was. She said she did OK.

He will be out until some time in November.

My guys are trained to work completely independent of their system. New guys create there own manifest the night before after receiving it by email at 515 pm.
I have a problem with purchasing cloths with a trademark copy written insignia without any compensation. WHY is X on the uniforms I paid full price for?
Of course I am still IC state.
How can you do that? So no one gets a manifest or has to sign the prior day's mileage sheet? Do your guys have your company's logo on the sleeve per X requirements?