manager training to drive

rp3

Can a manager bypass a loader to get a driving job in a center. I have been a loader for 3 yrs and been told manager is out getting driving expierence. So he can start driving at our center. Any advice would be helpful.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
During Nov and Dec the answer is yes but this may vary by local.
This manager will be back in his/her regular job come Jan 2014.

rp3

Thanks for the reply. Was just hoping I wasn't busting my back to get passed over by a manager that has less time in then me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks for the reply. Was just hoping I wasn't busting my back to get passed over by a manager that has less time in then me.
If this manager is still driving in mid-January or when backed up volume is caught up, go straight o your BA or Steward and object/file grievance.

Johney

If this manager is still driving in mid-January or when backed up volume is caught up, go straight o your BA or Steward and object/file grievance.
Not necessarily. Here they will put a p/t sup as the 1 in the 5 to 1 hire ratio(or outsider) if they want said person to become the next on-road.

cino321

I work in a center with a PT sup who was supposed to drive for 30 days to become an on road, then ended up making his book and filling out his union card.

HOTELDUNORD

It's possible for a supervisor to go into driving if they are counted as a outside hire in the hiring rotation. They would however start from square one and if they have been there any length of time it would be difficult for them to get in enough years to collect a pension.I've seen this done a few times so it pretty clear that a person off the street has a even harder time getting hired.

Ouch

The part time sup can be the 1 off the street hire. The sup can go before you if it is the companies 1 off the street hire.