Manager who unjustly fired me has been fired himself

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I was terminated from UPS over 8 months ago , I found out yesterday from a reliable source that my center Manager was terminated for being Dis honest and for manipulating time cards and the building manager was forced into early retirement . Will this help my arbitration ? details of my termination are posted under UPS disscutions "Is the pen mightier than the sword " and " I was fired because my manager didnt like me.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I was terminated from UPS over 8 months ago , I found out yesterday from a reliable source that my center Manager was terminated for being Dis honest and for manipulating time cards and the building manager was forced into early retirement . Will this help my arbitration ? details of my termination are posted under UPS disscutions "Is the pen mightier than the sword " and " I was fired because my manager didnt like me.

There is justice in this world! I don't see how it could hurt you, dude. The Company control's what they bring in to the arbitration, right? They may offer to bring you back without back pay, etc. I don't know if this is accurate or not. I'm just guessing. -Rocky

dragracer66

I dissagree with Rocky I would go into abritration with that new info and tell them you want back pay. It can't hurt you! You never hear of a manager getting fired so he must have been a real a/hole. And what also help's you is that the manager that did fire you will not be present at your abritration hearing. Sound's like you have a good shot not only to get your job back, but maybe for some back pay!!! GOOD LUCK!!!:thumbup1:

Iconoclast

U-K Guy,

Have you hired a lawywer yet? With all due respect to this forum, all of the energy you're expending towards winning your job back is for naught on this board. You need to retain counsel and actually have an officer of the court as your advocate.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I have a workers comp lawyer already, but I am haveing a hard time finding a lawyer to actualy take on UPS I have no moneys for a retainer and dont just want to pick a random Lawyer out of the yellow pages to represent me, I have had about 4 referals from the union and from my workers comp attorney but none of them seemed intrested.
any suggestions.

beentheredonethat

I have a workers comp lawyer already, but I am haveing a hard time finding a lawyer to actualy take on UPS I have no moneys for a retainer and dont just want to pick a random Lawyer out of the yellow pages to represent me, I have had about 4 referals from the union and from my workers comp attorney but none of them seemed intrested.
any suggestions.

Something doesn't make sense. Lawyers get paid one of two ways, either by the hour or as a percentage of the award. (usually about 1/3). Many lawyers dream of taking on UPS, since they know there's a lot of money in UPS pockets. If the firing was unjustified a lawyer would sue for more then just back pay, they would sue emotional distress, etc. For 4 lawyers not to be interested, sounds like the case is a little weak. (Just my opinion).

dragracer66

U-K Guy,

Have you hired a lawywer yet? With all due respect to this forum, all of the energy you're expending towards winning your job back is for naught on this board. You need to retain counsel and actually have an officer of the court as your advocate.
He can't retain a lawyer until the union has exhausted all there channel's I/E: arbitration. I know this from experience not personal but from being a steward myself. His union will have there own lawyer's involved. It's a big no no to retain a lawyer now especially if he hasn't even gone to arbitration yet!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
See if your manager will give you a statement helping you out. Ive seen this happen too, dis gruntle ex manager gets revenge on the company he is hating right now.

dammor

Not making any judgements here, but before ya'll get all fired up about this you might want to look at the original thread. Drinking on UPS property is a cardinal sin even if you are choking to death. I wish you well YK, but I wouldn't bet on you getting your job back. It wouldn't happen here.

trickpony1

He can't retain a lawyer until the union has exhausted all there channel's I/E: arbitration. I know this from experience not personal but from being a steward myself. His union will have there own lawyer's involved. It's a big no no to retain a lawyer now especially if he hasn't even gone to arbitration yet!!!

Is there a difference between "retain an attorney" and "talk to an attorney"?
Maybe some day I will understand the following scenario:
1) the company "messes" with an employee.
2) the employee files a grievance.
3) the employee, who has an inalienable right to defend himself, also talks to an attorney.
4) the company throws up their hands and, in essence, says, "we don't want to play anymore".
A reasonable person could easily assume the company knows it can make deals with the union, "here's your job back but no backpay" but, with outside, real life representation, the company backs off and indicates "we don't want to play anymore".
Last time I checked we still had freedom of speech and the right to defend ourselves but I'm sure that will change with the next contract :lol:.

trickpony1

Not making any judgements here, but before ya'll get all fired up about this you might want to look at the original thread. Drinking on UPS property is a cardinal sin even if you are choking to death. I wish you well YK, but I wouldn't bet on you getting your job back. It wouldn't happen here.
I knew a feeder driver that came to work drunk and fell down the stairs. Because he hadn't clocked in yet he got his job back. Had to go to rehab though.
I think good union representation could get your job back but then......

Cole

I would think it would be useful, but usually the union is out of it once you hire an attorney on the workman's comp end anyway.

You can hire an attorney either way, but in most instances you have to exhaust the grienavce procedure first. Not necessarily for workman's comp.

ups_vette

I knew a feeder driver that came to work drunk and fell down the stairs. Because he hadn't clocked in yet he got his job back. Had to go to rehab though.
I think good union representation could get your job back but then......
trickpony.....I hope you weren't hurt.

U

UKBS

I don't think anyone's buying that tale for a second either.

No job back, no rehab.

You want rehab you’ll have to approach BEFORE you show up intoxicated and request it.

Once you report for your shift and it is suspected that you are inebriated (clocked in or not) you’ll be given the drug/alcohol screen and if it’s positive you’re gone.

If you refuse to take it you’re gone.

UPS doesn’t have to wait until you clock in. They don’t have to wait until you actually buckle yourself in and turn the key. They don’t have to wait until you drive off the property or beyond a 5 mile radius or any other BS.

It’s a slam dunk and your union *can’t* do anything about it, except, possibly, try to get you a job at the hall driving a dump truck or garbage truck.

You buy into more BS stories than anyone on earth – then you pass them on.

Trickpony and his coprophage club... what else to say?

dragracer66

I don't think anyone's buying that tale for a second either.

No job back, no rehab.

You want rehab you’ll have to approach BEFORE you show up intoxicated and request it.

Once you report for your shift and it is suspected that you are inebriated (clocked in or not) you’ll be given the drug/alcohol screen and if it’s positive you’re gone.

If you refuse to take it you’re gone.

UPS doesn’t have to wait until you clock in. They don’t have to wait until you actually buckle yourself in and turn the key. They don’t have to wait until you drive off the property or beyond a 5 mile radius or any other BS.

It’s a slam dunk and your union *can’t* do anything about it, except, possibly, try to get you a job at the hall driving a dump truck or garbage truck.

You buy into more BS stories than anyone on earth – then you pass them on.

Trickpony and his coprophage club... what else to say?
Hey ukbs...You are dead wrong the company can't do anything about if any employee is off the clock. I have sat in on 2 different occasion's were that was the case and yes the union did do something about it!!! And no they weren't fired they were back the next day. So next time if want to come on here say stuff that you know nothing about put your real name on here so everybody knows who the jacka$s is!!! Your probably not even a UPS employee because by the look's of your thread you refer to the union as "your union". Sorry Trick I didn't mean to steal your response but I needed to vent!!! I can't stand it idiot's come on here and write the most dumbest comment's!!!:mad: :mad:

trickpony1

....... Sorry Trick I didn't mean to steal your response but I needed to vent!!! I can't stand it idiot's come on here and write the most dumbest comment's!!!:mad: :mad:

Tie-
We've had our indifferences. Some were in good fun and some became a little heated. Thanks for stepping up to the plate for ol' Trick. It's a statement of your true colors.
I personally have better things to do than make stuff up, in real life or the internet.