Managers turn?

tieguy

Banned
I'm hearing the managers have their meeting next week? One at a time meeting with the divison manager and a HR rep to get their new assignments? The secret envelope presented to the divison manager at the meeting? Has anyone had this meeting yet?

I'm hearing the managers have their meeting next week? One at a time meeting with the divison manager and a HR rep to get their new assignments? The secret envelope presented to the divison manager at the meeting? Has anyone had this meeting yet?
It looks like the day of judgement has come ha ha ha ha.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We all need to remember that these are people not unlike you or I who may very well be without a job through no fault of their own. I wonder how long and hard you would be laughing if you came in tomorrow morning and were told that your services were no longer needed.

I still find it hard to believe that you are a shop steward.

We all need to remember that these are people not unlike you or I who may very well be without a job through no fault of their own. I wonder how long and hard you would be laughing if you came in tomorrow morning and were told that your services were no longer needed.

I still find it hard to believe that you are a shop steward. Ive walked into work twice and been told my services were no longer needed and it turned out to be bogus stuff trumped up by a bad manager. I find it hard to believe you are a man I think you've been bulleyed all your life that's why I took the job to look out for people just like you.

Outstanding reply to a selfish narrow minded "anonymous". Hourly,Non management, and management are all part of UPS, There is no joy when an empolyee loses their a job through no fault of their own.

tieguy

Banned

I still find it hard to believe that you are a shop steward.

His responses indicate some young kid who is still wet behind the ears. Probably a part time steward.

Much to his dissapointment i don't see any firing squads in this round. Some of the folks that were in eliminated staff jobs will have to make adjustments into new positions for them. I agree with your overall assessment about people.
I think its terrible what we are doing to the admins. The admins in our old district offices are going from 56 jobs down to 27. The selection process is presently taking place. constant conference calls for them to add to their anxiety.
yesterday in the middle of one of those admin calls they actually had the guts to wish everyone a happy admin day (secretary day?)

Just unbelievable. Casey has to be rolling over in his grave.

NHDRVR

His responses indicate some young kid who is still wet behind the ears. Probably a part time steward.

Much to his dissapointment i don't see any firing squads in this round. Some of the folks that were in eliminated staff jobs will have to make adjustments into new positions for them. I agree with your overall assessment about people.
I think its terrible what we are doing to the admins. The admins in our old district offices are going from 56 jobs down to 27. The selection process is presently taking place. constant conference calls for them to add to their anxiety.
yesterday in the middle of one of those admin calls they actually had the guts to wish everyone a happy admin day (secretary day?)

Just unbelievable. Casey has to be rolling over in his grave.

The rumor up here is that UPS is doing away with the GO in Hudson, NH. I agree with UpState that a bit of candor (paraphrased) shoud be used in regards to people losing their jobs...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The rumor up here is that UPS is doing away with the GO in Hudson, NH. I agree with UpState that a bit of candor (paraphrased) shoud be used in regards to people losing their jobs...

I would characterize what I wrote as compassion, not candor.

Steward, if I ever get to the point where the only hope I have in keeping my job is you, I know that I am screwed.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

E-mail sent out today told us we will meet next Wednesday to be told our new job assignments or if you are staying in current position.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager

There's more than one person with serious medical issues on the ropes in my building. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop laughing if they lose their jobs. Maybe you could make a comedy routine out of it?

You are one bitter individual.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager

Yes, meetings with managers are next week. Division Manager and HR rep will be present, and security will be on call and ready to assist if necessary. After the dust settles on the manager selections the supervisor positions will be evaluated and filled.

browned out

There's more than one person with serious medical issues on the ropes in my building. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop laughing if they lose their jobs. Maybe you could make a comedy routine out of it?

You are one bitter individual.

I don't want to see anybody lose their jobs. but if someones throwing stones and breaks your glass house; it leave little room for sympathy.
I have seen hourly's with new born's fired, people have to fight for bereavement leave, etc.

Kindness breeds reciprocity alot of what happens at UPS reaps what is sows

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I don't want to see anybody lose their jobs. but if someones throwing stones and breaks your glass house; it leave little room for sympathy.
I have seen hourly's with new born's fired, people have to fight for bereavement leave, etc.

Kindness breeds reciprocity alot of what happens at UPS reaps what is sows

I would see your point (maybe sorta) if the person that fired the hourly with the newborn was the person with cancer about to lose their job, but the two are unrelated. Where is the satisfaction in this?

Forgiveness is good for the soul.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Not that it matters, but when I was doing the training at the headquarters in Hudson last year, it was fairly widely known it was shutting it's doors. The building was almost entirely empty then..