Managers turn?

I hope that the good & deserving management people get treated well and maintain there perspective positions. This includes you Tieguy. Oh, that's right, he'll never see this post. Oh well, I still meant what I said.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
The process for the managers seems really unorganized. The meetings are on then off then on again. Some have had their discussions and others haven't. It's really messing with people's minds. Is it like this in every district?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The process for the managers seems really unorganized. The meetings are on then off then on again. Some have had their discussions and others haven't. It's really messing with people's minds. Is it like this in every district?

Seemed pretty organized in Corporate.
Slam, Baam, Thank you Ma'am.
Cya later.

tieguy

Banned
I think there's going to be a lot of sad faces this week. The majority of the reductions are supposed to come from the manager level.

I'm hearing somewhere around 550 people went via the buyout offer. Approximately 15 took the offer that were not eligible to retire? Original numbers called for 1100 total.

I have not heard how many if any were seperated when the job offers were revealed?

I'm guessing the rest are admins and those that seperate because they did not like the offer?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Lots of rumors flying here that they must sign a confidentiality agreement so the managers are not saying anything. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to notice pictures and awards missing from office walls. I heard we are getting a manager from Bed ford pk and looks like we could be losing a manager from a package center plus the Dm and 1 manager are done today as part of the buy out.

upssup

it was well organized here. MGR's had a set time went in and were either out really quickly or some went way longer, read into that what you will. Should be announced today and then Sups are Tues the 11th from what I understand.

JonFrum

Two definitions everyone needs to know.

"at will" employee:
An employee who can be terminated at any time for any reason (except for a few illegal reasons) or no reason without need to show a "just cause."
An employee is presumed to be "at will" unless a union contract or other employment contract says otherwise.

schadenfreude:
Malicious enjoyment derived from observing someone else's misfortune.
A mischievous delight in the misfortunes of others.
- - - -
Hudson, NH is being closed and "moved" to the Norwood MA building I'm told.

UPSviking

The same thing is happening across the pond, mostly people getting moved around instead of loosing their jobs.

I come to work and see the frustrated faces of my sups and managers, it´s times like these i am thankfull that i can just get in that brown truck and leave all the politics and bull.... behind.

No matter what i feel sorry for the people loosing their jobs, but also for the ones being told to relocate to some backwater center away from their family.