Managment offered me a BRIBE today to withdraw grievance Preload????

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well you shouldn't of said anything anything while she was yelling at the other employee. She was right wasn't any of your business. I would have went on about my day then at the end of the shift asked that loader if they wanted to file a harassment grievance. You have to learn to keep your cool while she is going nuts. If you let her get to you eventually you'll slip and be gone.

fightingthegoodfight

Well as a steward when i see the guy across from me getting harrassed its hard for me to just say nothing as the that perloader will say thanks for getting my back bro...double edge sword i suppose

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Dave, you really have no clue whats going on. You should go home and let insiders with real experience talk and handle this deal.

Yes, its a lack of man power. Yes, it shouldve been handled in a different time. You have 10 days to file, on anything, if one feels fit to do so. I would say, being all out bat **** crazy as she is, talk with people tomarrow and try to get them to file along with you. She is out of control of what she should be totally in control of, yet takes it out on everyone when it doesnt work out.

File that she is unethical, unrealistic to the demands place forth of us, and starts in on us that it is our fault that our production cant seem to fit demand. File that the sup was working as well, another document apart from the first. Keep throwing paper, perhaps it will get her fired or she will quit. Which ever comes first is alright in my book.

fightingthegoodfight

Dude you have no idea how crazy she is!!! and our SUP now is ready to LOSE IT start time for tomorrow was 510 he was asking her for 430...445 but yet he only get 500am out of her. he actually wants me to file on him today to document how nuts it was today was opperated. we full out needed him and he worked his ass off and it was still a mess SHE is the weakest link in our center.

if anything good happened today it brought us closer to our SUP and i think he finally realized that we are not there to screw him over and he finally saw her true colors

fightingthegoodfight

So how should i file a collective grievance if there were atleast 4 or 5 people that witnessed and who would sign?

Do i have the mall/KC loader file one on Art 37 (considering he was the main party involved) then have him write something along the line of "The following signatures were wittnesses to this harassment"

I guess the SUPS working should be a separate grievance...but should i grieve that he worked that hour during the no call no show(he did try hard to get a bargaining unit in)...or just souly grieve the fact that there was so much work to do that he was forced to work and we still couldnt get it under control...stating that expectations were unreasonable (due to improper start time) and we all worked as saftley as we could but more man power was needed

beentheredonethat

She then comes back with her trusty camera and is still harrassing this guy and is now theatened to fire him for egress send him home for stopping the belt and she is now saying things such as (i could hire a monkey off the street that can load these trucks better than you) she then starts taking pictures of his trucks all of my trucks too...now im PISSED i ask why are you taking pictures of my trucks i thought i had nothing to do with this. She states that i should have been helping him but the egress from the KC have prevented me to.

The other day you were pissed she was taking pictures of only your vehicles, now you are pissed she is taking pictures of someone else and your vehicle.
I'm not saying this supv is appropriate for what you are saying she did.

As I've said many times, there is usually your side, her side and the truth falls in the middle.

You also mentioned she was "yelling" at someone else and you jumped in on conversation. I'm guessing here that this was going on during the preload itself. If she is to discipline an employee the employee has the right and should ask for a steward. I find it hard to believe that you can be discussing this with her while loading (at an incredible pace) and working safely. You are making this personal, and it will hurt you in the end.

Leftinbuilding

The other day you were pissed she was taking pictures of only your vehicles, now you are pissed she is taking pictures of someone else and your vehicle.
I'm not saying this supv is appropriate for what you are saying she did.

As I've said many times, there is usually your side, her side and the truth falls in the middle.

You also mentioned she was "yelling" at someone else and you jumped in on conversation. I'm guessing here that this was going on during the preload itself. If she is to discipline an employee the employee has the right and should ask for a steward. I find it hard to believe that you can be discussing this with her while loading (at an incredible pace) and working safely. You are making this personal, and it will hurt you in the end.

Like I said earlier, he is getting some bad advice and unfortunately following it. Some of it from people who admitted they are enjoying the side show. Nothing at stake for them. The OP wants to be a hero. Sometimes even heroes go down in flames. What I don't get, is why is an on car supe setting start times for the preload? Is there no center manager? As for tomorrow, your volume may be down due to all of today's closures. Not as many shippers shipping.

fightingthegoodfight

The guy is right across from me and she was standing right next to me...she was chewing the guy up i felt like i had to so something or anything i wasnt like "hey dont talk to him like that" or trying to pick a fight i just said theres not enough man power he cant do it even with me and the SUP helping him...well this is good because this is now HIS battle and i really hope he will fill out an ART 37 and we will all sign

fightingthegoodfight

And yes there is NO center manager there hasnt been one for the entire year and a half i have been there...from what i understand he is on disibility i personaly never saw/met him. And he supposally bounces around all the small town near me so its not a set position

There NEEDS to be a center manager in my center idc if he is a dick or not just another person of higher power than this on-car she runs it like she is the center manager she needs to be kept in check

beentheredonethat

If there is no ctr mgr, she is probably the equivalent of the acting ctr mgr. Which makes it even more appropriate she is reviewing preload performance and preload start time. She is probably getting beaten up on by the div mgr about poor performance of the center. You give a story but leave large pieces out until much later in the story. (such as this on road has not business being on the preload, yet find out later there is not current ctr mgr). That's an important detail. As a steward, your job is to make sure the contract is followed for the teamsters you represent. Your job is not to run the center, or determine who should run the center. Nor should you critique an "on road supv" just since she doesn't drive a manual transmission. None of that should matter to you. Stick with the facts and leave the personalities out.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Gotta be really young, this guy....

Totally didn't mean to type that Yoda-style.

He's probably close to us in age, but "young" is relative anyway. And even though we're getting older, we're becoming younger. Don't believe me? For many years, things/products like MTV, spring break, American Eagle clothing, Axe, etc. use to target traditional college-age persons. Now MTV's broadcasting spring break from Las Vegas, Cancun (sans a few properties) markets itself to the 25 & up crowd during spring break, and products like AE/Axe advertise through mediums targeting the 25-40 crowd.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
He's probably close to us in age, but "young" is relative anyway. And even though we're getting older, we're becoming younger. Don't believe me? For many years, things/products like MTV, spring break, American Eagle clothing, Axe, etc. use to target traditional college-age persons. Now MTV's broadcasting spring break from Las Vegas, Cancun (sans a few properties) markets itself to the 25 & up crowd during spring break, and products like AE/Axe advertise through mediums targeting the 25-40 crowd.

sees a perfect opportunity to derail this doomed thread....thank you...

Things have tended to grow up with our generation. I don't mind. In addition to the things you have listed, take a look at video games. For the past couple of years, the average age of a gamer was 30!! It's hard to believe at times. You can only imagine when this will evolve. At some point, it has to bump back down.....it can't follow us forever. I think the Harry Potter series is a perfect example of how the media can evolve with is demographic.

In addition to that, our generation has tended to wait longer on what used to be 'younger' things like marriage and having children. Both used to be more common in the mid-lower 20's. We do them now late 20's-mid 30's.

​Clearly, this means we are going to live forever.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
And yes there is NO center manager there hasnt been one for the entire year and a half i have been there...from what i understand he is on disibility i personaly never saw/met him. And he supposally bounces around all the small town near me so its not a set position

There NEEDS to be a center manager in my center idc if he is a dick or not just another person of higher power than this on-car she runs it like she is the center manager she needs to be kept in check

Well, you've said she was a driver sup? What the heck, dishing out start times is not in that persons job description. Sounds like shes running dispatch, acting full time sup on preload and running center manager for that matter. Way too much placed on that person to do all in one night. Perhaps this is why she is so untolerable towards others, sounds like she's headed for an ulcer.

I would stay away from the sup working. I dont mind seeing them work, since they dont do much anyways. Also, he was trying to help out, due to lack of man power again. Which should be paper, anyways.

The start times are getting worse. The flow here this month has been as bad as peak, yet we have less time to do it in. The start time should be given leeway possible of having an early wrap time, not over 9am. 5am is very harsh, its been 4:15-4:45 on our boxline. Yet, unload starts at 3:45am, flow is happening and people are getting huge back ups. If that sup is acting alloftheabove sup, then shes putting high expectations of preloaders much alike that on drivers, yet the same outcomes occur, failure. This sup should be trying to set people up to win, not lose. Good luck in getting that across to blunt objects.

I think the heavens each and every day my sups arnt as bad as yours.

As I've said before, file when need be. And bring your papers with you and have them present and / or out in view. This is your fire in the night, it will cause people to act differently around you, and help you see through the darkness.

abrahm12

just a few concerns that should be taken SERIOUSLY!
1. what will our UNION do about this type of harassment? (not another GRIEVANCE)

2. if management is taking pictures with their cell phone, then what's stopping the working from using theirs.

3. are these matters covered in OUR NEW CONTRACT?

4. we must exercise our union rights at all time, that means ALWAYS use a (stewart) when talking to management.

smart girl

Ok, I dont know if anyone reading this is familiar with my constant harrassment battle with my FT manager but many posts have been made and i thank everyone who has responded but today takes the cake...heres how it goes:

On tuesday i was bumped from my normal preload position due to a driver (coming into the preload) pulling the senority card on me. I was on new trucks and wanted to make sure that i did a good job and not have any misloads because i am a steward and i know SUPS are out to get me anyway they can.

Towards the end of the sort i had some stack outs (as did a few others). I was wraping up my trucks when the FT sup (who has been harrassing me for sometime now) came up to me and asked me when i had stack out and that it was unacceptable. I told her that i am just following my methods and i wont put anything into my trucks w/o checking both labels. I told her that the reason why i dont get misload is because i follow my methods everyday. She left and then came back and started taking pictures on her phone of my "stack outs" and continued telling me if i did my methods properly i would not have stack out.

Anyway i left there feeling pretty confident that i did a good job. I was laid off yesterday but when i returned today i was brought into the office. I asked my other steward to come with me and when we both walked into the office she told him there was no need for him to be there as i was not getting written up and she just wanted to "talk" she showed the the misload report from tuesday and i apparently had 5 misloads. She said if she were to write me up it would be a working temination and if i were to withdraw the previous SUPS working grievances (which amount to about 200-300 dollars) that she would no write me up a blatent BRIBE. She said she has the misloads here (from Tuesday) and would be taking pictures of them that i didnt circle my labels. And i would be written up for 5 misloads.

My questions...

What can i do as i feel like i am still being harrassed and now BRIBED...this is rediulous and i want this to stop is making this type of bribe against UPS policy. I am in no way going to accept but i feel like she is going to get revenge on me one way or another. I was pretty much threatened my job for grievances i filed on SUPS working...is this against any laws???? And why is she holding unserviced packages for 3 days now???

smart girl

Bottom line is you check every package you put in bring you own color crown and check it off. Then see what happens?
you have to stack outside because you need clear path to load properly. Or don't stack and leave in bin, screw there harassment they were setting you up. Is there any pkgs in truck before you or anyone that goes in the loads? If so they could be problem or did you check the spa label? Alot of drivers have pkgs that have bad spa and address that is different this is a misload? Have your driver get his steward and your steward to determine the real issue.