Managment says I need to drive more Saturdays to prove I can do full-time dirivng.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
This is my first post, so hello to everyone :). I've been with brown for just over 6 years now.

First off you should know there has been a huge hiring spurt going on at our hub for part-times and full-time drivers. As of Monday, I will be the next person in seniority to go driving.

Today I was approached by one of veteran workers (but not full-time) who told me I that she was relaying a message from my BA that I need to work more Saturdays to prove that I can do full-time.

Do I HAVE to work Saturdays in order to get a shot at the 30/40 day driving probation ?

This doesn't sound right. Mind you I have already done 4 Saturdays including the crazy day before mothers day which was an 8:30 hour day.

Tomorrow I will call my BA and ask him about this. Just seeking some advice from some veterans. Thanks!

oldngray

nowhere special
Saturday driving has nothing to do with getting qualified as a full time driver but it is a chance to gain experience making it easier for you to qualify as a driver. You can become a full time driver with absolutely no experience as an air driver, but Saturday air is an easy way to learn the basics.

PT Car Washer

There is no requirement to work Saturday Air unless you are a PT air driver or exception air driver. It is good advice though to get as much experience in as you can before trying to qualify. I tell this to guys all the time that if they are considering FT driving to drive on Saturday to get used to the package cars and the DIAD. Nobody listens.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
Also, do you guys maybe have an advice for new drivers passing that probation period? Besides don't hit anything? :)

This is my first post, so hello to everyone :). I've been with brown for just over 6 years now.

First off you should know there has been a huge hiring spurt going on at our hub for part-times and full-time drivers. As of Monday, I will be the next person in seniority to go driving.

Today I was approached by one of veteran workers (but not full-time) who told me I that she was relaying a message from my BA that I need to work more Saturdays to prove that I can do full-time.

Do I HAVE to work Saturdays in order to get a shot at the 30/40 day driving probation ?

This doesn't sound right. Mind you I have already done 4 Saturdays including the crazy day before mothers day which was an 8:30 hour day.

Tomorrow I will call my BA and ask him about this. Just seeking some advice from some veterans. Thanks!
I bet you your ba never said anything remotely like that or anything close to that.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Whatever happened to signing a bid sheet and going down the list? This is how it's suppose to be. If you can pass your road test you go to class you pass that you go driving with the whole 30 day probation. Simple as that. I'm wondering what is going on to make this a confusing process for people.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Whatever happened to signing a bid sheet and going down the list? This is how it's suppose to be. If you can pass your road test you go to class you pass that you go driving with the whole 30 day probation. Simple as that. I'm wondering what is going on to make this a confusing process for people.
I've been saying this over and over and over and over again in sever different threads......

Sounds like......:bsbullf:to me.....just saying.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I've been saying this over and over and over and over again in sever different threads......
I've noticed the past few years the bidding process is getting more and more confusing. It shouldn't be hard. And there should be no ass kissing or extra work to be done. It goes by seniority and these young guys need to start kicking managements ass.

bumped

I disagree with most of the above comments.

I've seen way too many people get into an accident doing Saturday air. Then, you can't bid on full-time for a year. Put the extra effort in during your 30 day probation rather that working Saturday air. Anyways, I sure the hell don't want to be forced to work on Christmas Eve.

Running Saturday air has no bearing on signing a bid sheet for full time.

PT Car Washer

I disagree with most of the above comments.

I've seen way too many people get into an accident doing Saturday air. Then, you can't bid on full-time for a year. Put the extra effort in during your 30 day probation rather that working Saturday air. Anyways, I sure the hell don't want to be forced to work on Christmas Eve.

I agree running Saturday Air does not help you with seniority. But it puts you way above the learning curve.

Brown stains

I , I sure the hell don't want to be forced to work on Christmas Eve.

Little advice if u do become full time and Xmas eve is on any day between
Monday and Friday you will work ,,,and any day after holiday you. Will be forced to work ..low guys on the pole work these days

CHALLY9TX

Some people can't handle the jump from sat air to full time driving. They get too used to how easy sat air is...

Sent using BrownCafe App