mandated 2 hour break

You are a sucker if you take more than hour break policy clearly says you can only be forced to take a 1 hour break. They are the one who have to find you work

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
well now isn't that special...now you can waste 40 hours a month out of your life sitting around in Bum***** Egypt twiddling your thumbs on your own time. And yet still the masses will continue to balk at signing a union card.

vantexan

well now isn't that special...now you can waste 40 hours a month out of your life sitting around in Bum***** Egypt twiddling your thumbs on your own time. And yet still the masses will continue to balk at signing a union card.

With them eliminating split pay it was just a matter of time. Between light volume and this they've pretty much taken back a number of years worth of raises.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You are a sucker if you take more than hour break policy clearly says you can only be forced to take a 1 hour break. They are the one who have to find you work

That's just it though..."policy clearly says", - it's FedEx policy (not law) and they can amend it however and whenever they wish in order to carry out their nefarious activities. Again "operational needs" rears its ugly head.

FedEx SUCKS

fedupped

Are you all running split rts? Do you have later pus? If your done at say 1:45 why not just take it in? This is express? How do you get SOS off in time? Are you straightlining sos? Can I write a sentence thats not a question???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you all running split rts? Do you have later pus? If your done at say 1:45 why not just take it in? This is express? How do you get SOS off in time? Are you straightlining sos? Can I write a sentence thats not a question???

So far, this isn't a national mandate. They can't make it work in certain markets...yet.

chargerlou

UPDATE:well after calling my manager around 230pm I told her I was gonna have late pickups because I had already took an hour brake and needed to take the last hour,she over ruled the other manager and said that I would only have take only a one hour break HA! Im already a late starter starting Around 850 am when freight is not late. Plus I Do DG at night and they wonder why I have the most hours..I tell them get a part timer to do DG. I would rather be at home drinking beer!! ITS Bunch of BullCorn!!!

DontThrowPackages

With them eliminating split pay it was just a matter of time. Between light volume and this they've pretty much taken back a number of years worth of raises.
Of course. Remember everything they do is because of a plan/plans that have been set in motion months/years ago. I think Express will be dead in 3 years. Consolidating stations, planning and building huge Ground facilities....it's over. I'll bet the "1%" Express profit is a bit of creative accounting to justify all thats happening but when you get down to it, too many are drunk with greed and once they create the new division, formally known as Express, don't think for a second they won't stop and look ground up and down wondering how hard to squeeze the neck of that goose. Stay or leave, they don't care what you decide.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPDATE:well after calling my manager around 230pm I told her I was gonna have late pickups because I had already took an hour brake and needed to take the last hour,she over ruled the other manager and said that I would only have take only a one hour break HA! Im already a late starter starting Around 850 am when freight is not late. Plus I Do DG at night and they wonder why I have the most hours..I tell them get a part timer to do DG. I would rather be at home drinking beer!! ITS Bunch of BullCorn!!!

I think we should all simply "work as directed". The magic of WAD is that if you had actually taken your 2 hour break (WAD in action), everything would have been completely screwed-up and there would be nobody to blame except management. If everyone adheres strictly to the 2 hour mandate, it will screw things up beyond recognition. I think that's worth losing a few bucks for a couple of weeks until they decide they made (another) stupid move. WAD=chaos. This is what we want.