Mandated lunch!!!!! Fact finding

are you taking your lunch? In full?during the prescribed time?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Nobody says anything about skipping lunches or taking less than the "minimum" in our center.

We have a runner gunner who doesn't even take his paid break. Stupid if you ask me.

2Slow

Fight about it! This is a nationwide push, but it can be beaten back.

For instance:
Central Article 18(c) "Local past practice shall prevail regarding the duration of the meal and rest periods."

This lunch burning topic has me thinking about all the guys in my center. At least 8 out of the 45 routes give them an hour per day. These fags go home and all the guys that do what we are supposed to get stuck helping or get the 10 and 11 hr dispatches. Think they are playing favorites? Lmfao.

JL 0513

I'm in Maine and our contract reads that we are allowed an hour lunch between the 4th and 5th hour. UPS has taken upon themselves to say its mandatory and now writing up and suspending guys. I'm not looking for lectures about taking my lunch, your waisting your time. I've been running my lunch for at least 8 years and do so for myself. Everyone has their feelings on this and I respect that, please respect mine. Just doing some research
What I'm looking for is some info from everyone, please reply and answer the following
What state your in?
Is UPS mandating lunch in your center?Any discipline for not?
Are you taking a lunch?
Are taking lunch during the prescribed time?

thank you

I'll clarify I never put in my diad what I don't take and always take my 2. 10 minute breaks that are paid. I'm just tying to see what's happening across the country

So you've been "running your lunches" but not really since you don't record a lunch period? You've been allowed to do this in your state/local? In most states it's the law to take lunch. No option.

In my center, there's no enforcement other than imputing an hour in the board. A full hour is required. No one checks to see when you took it. No one checks if you ran it or not.

BTW, you say you run your lunches "for yourself". Well, you've lost yourself around $100,000 (2000+ hrs at OT). Figuring that the hour you run each day translates into the typical hour of overtime.

BrownArmy

That's what people don't get...run your lunch, you're not just giving up that hour at straight pay, you're giving up OT...which, if you took your lunch, you would enjoy.

Honestly, people, between 10-12K a year.

When your sup says bla-bla-bladibladiba, ask him if he can loan you 10K, no repayment terms.

Lulz.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Since your stop count and/or pickups or helping other drivers would increase, skipping a lunch is pretty dumb. However if that were not the case ( hypothetically), I would definitely pass. OT can kiss it. ;)

josh76

My run has no pick ups so if I don't take a lunch and don't put anything in, I'm not loosing any $$$$. And I always take my paid breaks

Back first

Yes you are still lo
My run has no pick ups so if I don't take a lunch and don't put anything in, I'm not loosing any $$$$. And I always take my paid breaks
sing $$$. If your route is dispatched at 9 hours of work and you run your lunch and bring it in at 8 hrs. You just gave ups $34.00. I never get why any drivers would give any part of their lunch away. I enjoy my hour of downtime.