Mandatory use of Diad Clips and Pouches

Stran

Holy Toledo
We are now being told that you must have on a Diad clip or pouch as part of your uniform. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just our area?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I use the clip with a pouch underneath it. I have had several clips break where they slide onto the belt so I always have the pouch just in case. While I still have an intact clip i put calls tags in the pouch to free my hands for carrying packages.

Havent heard anything about them being required. We have old timers around here that dont use them at all.

over9five

Staff member
why wouldnt you use it.....do you balance it on your head?

The DIAD comes equipped with a handle on the side. You can place your hand through the handle and avoid having to carry it on your head.

Also, if you are carrying several boxes you can place the DIAD on top of the boxes much like it being one more very small box.

cino321

I don't use one. I think they add extra weight to my body when stepping in and out of the package car.

I have nothing against the use of one, but I think making it mandatory is absolutley ridicolous.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Thank god I have been taking extra for months to stock up. Now I might be able to make a buck or two when someone forgets theirs.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Thank god I have been taking extra for months to stock up. Now I might be able to make a buck or two when someone forgets theirs.

I raid the spare trucks over the summer. I wont ake something from someone's PC on the line but if it has been sitting for a month it's fair game in my book.

johnoutdoors

We (NJ) were told we had to have them 2 weeks ago. Never heard another word about it. I use one of the old pouches on my hand truck. If they ever start giving me grief about it I'll just tell them its in my truck ready to go.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I tried using one of the clips when they first came out, but I couldnt deal with it. It was constantly getting hung up on the seat belt, or I would catch it going in and out of the bulkhead door. Same deal with the pouch. We have been told that it is a required part of the uniform, but the rule is not enforced. If it ever were, I would go ahead and wear one in the building and then remove it once I was out on road.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
They have been asking every driver around here every morning when they go over the sspvv report,(or whatever they call the telematics review in the morning) if they have a clip or pouch. I always tell them I have a handle on the diad. No one has been disciplind for it though. We also had a diad training module about it a couple of weeks ago. I would bet this is leading to charging drivers to replace broken diads that have been dropped.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
They have been asking every driver around here every morning when they go over the sspvv report,(or whatever they call the telematics review in the morning) if they have a clip or pouch. I always tell them I have a handle on the diad. No one has been disciplind for it though. We also had a diad training module about it a couple of weeks ago. I would bet this is leading to charging drivers to replace broken diads that have been dropped.
Diads will be dropped, ("while handing it to customer, or the reverse, etc...), mirrors will be broken, ("arm blew in, etc..."), no discipline necessary.