Mandatory Work tomorrow?!?

BrownThunder

Today @ PCM they told us we had to come in Saturday @ 9:30.

Call me crazy, but hasn't my ORS been sweating me since wednesday to come in at such & such time to conserve my hours for Friday? Annnnnnnd now I'm supposed to work additional hours on Saturday. Guaranteed 8 though regardless if we work 1/2 hour.

I'll take the payday, but not entirely sure how they are going to work this out.

Anyone else forced to come in on Saturday?

BrownThunder

Ran into my mentor out in the field during lunch, and he told me to be careful about agreeing to come in.

Something about if I was to get pulled over or get in a wreck and I was over my 60, the responsibility would land squarely on my shoulders and not UPS.

Kinda got me shook a little. Am I exposing myself to potential issues by agreeing to come in? There are 2 drivers I know in my center who flat out said f_ck that I'll see you Monday.

SCV good to go sir.

At my pcm we were told that they would call up drivers with hours left starting with the least seniority and work their way up until they were staffed.

onehandsolo

Ran into my mentor out in the field during lunch, and he told me to be careful about agreeing to come in.

Something about if I was to get pulled over or get in a wreck and I was over my 60, the responsibility would land squarely on my shoulders and not UPS.

Kinda got me shook a little. Am I exposing myself to potential issues by agreeing to come in? There are 2 drivers I know in my center who flat out said f_ck that I'll see you Monday.

Maybe they will have someone drive the package car and you tell them where to go. It has happened to me before.

AKCoverMan

How many hours have you worked Monday thru Friday this week? You should keep track of this.

You will not expose yourself to problems if you make sure you DO NOT DRIVE after 60. But yes, you could in theory be used as an "educated helper" while a Supe or a temp drives.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Today @ PCM they told us we had to come in Saturday @ 9:30.

Call me crazy, but hasn't my ORS been sweating me since wednesday to come in at such & such time to conserve my hours for Friday? Annnnnnnd now I'm supposed to work additional hours on Saturday. Guaranteed 8 though regardless if we work 1/2 hour.

I'll take the payday, but not entirely sure how they are going to work this out.

Anyone else forced to come in on Saturday?

It's voluntary in the Central. They cannot force anyone unless it is a Tuesday thru Friday schedule.

ARTICLE 12-HOURS OF WORK

Section 1

In the case of each full-time seniority employee the standard workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week, and the standard workday
shall be eight (8) hours per day. Work shall be scheduled for five (5) consecutive days - Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
anal blindness.jpg

Brown_Star

Methods Man

North Atlantic district recently had HOS diad training. How about your center?

Be careful everyone...

iowa boy

Maybe they will have someone drive the package car and you tell them where to go. It has happened to me before.

I was also asked if I wanted to work today when I punched out with my 59 hours. Was told I could be a navigator and jumper and not drive. If I wasn't sick I would have just to donate some extra money to the government.

But instead went to the dr this am and got cough syrup with codeine...bet you can't guess what I did all day today?

We were told that Saturday can't be mandatory as we had fulfilled our contractual obligation of work hours for the week.