Mardi Gras

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Well Mardi Gras officially kicked of this weekend. One of the senior drivers informed me that he is on vacation for the next 2 weeks and that I would be most likely covering his rt. I have run the rt 3 or 4 times before. However this is different because his rt is on one of the many parade rts. My biggest concern is driving a p10 with no power steering in such tight quarters. How in the world did yall old timers do this for so many years. I just feel that I cant contol the package car "safely" maneuvering around all the people and extra cars on already packed streets. I have voiced my concern to my supe and it just fell on deaf ears. What is the best way to handle a p10 with no power steering...."safely"

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Well Mardi Gras officially kicked of this weekend. One of the senior drivers informed me that he is on vacation for the next 2 weeks and that I would be most likely covering his rt. I have run the rt 3 or 4 times before. However this is different because his rt is on one of the many parade rts. My biggest concern is driving a p10 with no power steering in such tight quarters. How in the world did yall old timers do this for so many years. I just feel that I cant contol the package car "safely" maneuvering around all the people and extra cars on already packed streets. I have voiced my concern to my supe and it just fell on deaf ears. What is the best way to handle a p10 with no power steering...."safely"

Leave the vehicle in neutral while running (make sure you set parking brake!) Hold the pedal on the right all the way to the floor till you hear a big bang or you smell oil coming from underneath! (Smoke is a good indicator too!):happy-very:

BTW Mardi Gras sucks!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Just man up and git er done, driver......... next year take your vacations at the same time as Mardi Gras so you dont go thru with the nonsense again:wink2:

cino321

One package at a time. Use your mirrors and cameras for reference when parking. In tight areas, block the street and use your hazards. Hand trucks are your friend. Park in one spot, and walk packages off. Trust me I deliver in tighter areas than you could imagine. Slow and steady.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Don't forget to put your DIAD in some of those pics. As for the driving, follow Cino's advice. If you have to drive, don't worry, worrying wastes more energy than the driving itself. Let us know how you did........Driver!:happy2:

theUPSman

I'm surprised you work that day. It would seem as though many businesses would be closed. I work at the Covington center, so we'll miss all the action!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I believe mardi gras day we will be closed. However last friday their were parades. Wed thurdsay and friday this week their will be parades. Next monday and then of course Fat Tuesday. So yea their are lots of parades going on, luckly today i had a drs appt and missed the first parade that was supposed to be on the rt.

P

pickup

Don't forget to put your DIAD in some of those pics. As for the driving, follow Cino's advice. If you have to drive, don't worry, worrying wastes more energy than the driving itself. Let us know how you did........Driver!:happy2:

Yeah , if you happen to pass a fruit stand put your diad between two large melons and take a picture. That would be the top prize in "where oh where is my diad? contest. Just make sure the owner of those melons is over 18 and that the owner signs a consent form to have those melons displayed on this website as minors can't enter into a lawful contract. ( Yes the fruit stand owner , who else do you think I am talking about?)

backinbrown

respect my authority
1/12/2009 - 2/17/2009

R.I.P. Were is my diad

you will be missed by all

we know you will be looking down on us from time to time making us smile in that way you do.

May your journey be a peace full one

R.I.P.