Mark your mailbox/house

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funny a few years back the paper had an article about a FedEx ground driver. They were kind of trumpeting the independent contractor model.

He admitted he had bought numbers for his mailbox 3 years ago and never got to putting them up. Lol

bacha29

Because in the words of Charley Redneck, "everybody knows us"!. My answer, "sure everybody in the holler'. In the words of Billy Joe Sixpack, " well we don't want people to know where we are". My answer, " does that include police, ambulance , fire and rescue'?

dex 84

My house is numbered. It's not visible from the street though so go down every driveway until you find the right one.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I've always been a fan of the "If you can't be bothered to be found, I can't be bothered to look" philosophy. AKA "My effort to find you will be equal to your effort to be seen."

To really rub it in, perform a resi release but put it somewhere where it's hard for them to find. "I was just playing along!"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Rather house not be numbered than the people who put up an number that is the same colour of their house...

How about people who live on a dead end street who put the number on the dead end side of the mailbox? Still can't figure that one out.

BrownArmy

I'm a cover driver for UPS...

On occasion I deliver in the 'richy-rich' towns.

These people are the worst at clearly identifying their houses with visible number signs.

Wouldn't you want the FD to be able to identify your house?

I'm not the regular guy, but if you're getting daily deliveries, help a brother out.

Witness protection?

Smh.

bacha29

The one that absolutely shocked me are the people who simply do not know or can't remember the physical address of their own home. The dumbing down of the nation is alarming.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I always loved it when I'd call a customer who had an ambiguous address and they'd say something like "well UPS knows how to get here". Great, so am I supposed to call UPS and ask them to give me the directions to your house?

People (just one of the many reasons I abandoned DGO a long time ago)

Star B

White Lightening
People (just one of the many reasons I abandoned DGO a long time ago)

DGO?

I had one when I was swinging in the sticks. The street in question spans three counties, four zips, and has two zips with the same N/S/E/W range. Also, an amazon package, no phone number. I dex(whatever) bad address it... get the kick back from dispatch "unable to locate, bring it back". When I get back to the station, the customers reaming out the CSA because "only Fedex has an issue with delivering it"... come to find out it's the wrong city.

My rant is numbers that are too small for the distance of the driveway and stupid word-numbers. When I see 1984, I don't have to think twice. However, when I see 'One Thousand Nine Hundred and Sixty Nine"... no. that's not a house number... that's just being stupid.

Emperor Star would require any builders or developers to be an Express swing driver for 6 months. Everyone would be required to put 911 number signs at the end of their driveway(like most rural munis have) or waive police, fire, and ambulance service.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also, an amazon package, no phone number.

You are right in that Amazon does not put the consignee's phone number as part of the address: however, if you look toward the bottom of the label, you should see a string of numbers. Within that string you should be able to find the consignee phone number, including area code.

whenIgetthere

DGO?

I had one when I was swinging in the sticks. The street in question spans three counties, four zips, and has two zips with the same N/S/E/W range. Also, an amazon package, no phone number. I dex(whatever) bad address it... get the kick back from dispatch "unable to locate, bring it back". When I get back to the station, the customers reaming out the CSA because "only Fedex has an issue with delivering it"... come to find out it's the wrong city.

My rant is numbers that are too small for the distance of the driveway and stupid word-numbers. When I see 1984, I don't have to think twice. However, when I see 'One Thousand Nine Hundred and Sixty Nine"... no. that's not a house number... that's just being stupid.

Emperor Star would require any builders or developers to be an Express swing driver for 6 months. Everyone would be required to put 911 number signs at the end of their driveway(like most rural munis have) or waive police, fire, and ambulance service.

The city I used to live required six inch numbers visible from the street, and a threat to add $500 to you property taxes for violations. Never heard of anyone being levied like that, but I never took the chance.