Mark your mailbox/house

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
DGO?

I had one when I was swinging in the sticks. The street in question spans three counties, four zips, and has two zips with the same N/S/E/W range. Also, an amazon package, no phone number. I dex(whatever) bad address it... get the kick back from dispatch "unable to locate, bring it back". When I get back to the station, the customers reaming out the CSA because "only Fedex has an issue with delivering it"... come to find out it's the wrong city.

My rant is numbers that are too small for the distance of the driveway and stupid word-numbers. When I see 1984, I don't have to think twice. However, when I see 'One Thousand Nine Hundred and Sixty Nine"... no. that's not a house number... that's just being stupid.

Emperor Star would require any builders or developers to be an Express swing driver for 6 months. Everyone would be required to put 911 number signs at the end of their driveway(like most rural munis have) or waive police, fire, and ambulance service.

DGO- D-Domestic, G-Ground, O-Operations.

Express Courier

Apartments are the worst. I pretty much guess wrong every time.

Why can't they just put all the numbers on the outside on front of the buildings. Very few places do this out here.

And yeah I've had those customers that say it's intentional when they have no house number out in the sticks. Really? I hate you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Why can't they just put all the numbers on the outside on front of the buildings. Very few places do this out here.

And yeah I've had those customers that say it's intentional when they have no house number out in the sticks. Really? I hate you.
I wonder if they'll think it intentional when the rescue people drive past their house because they have no friggin number???

whenIgetthere

I asked someone why they didn't have a number on their house many years ago, the reply was "So the bill collectors can't find us." Never asked anyone again.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

Ugh had a ftd.com flowerbox to driver release for father's day... mailboxes on the road, but the dirt~gravel driveways leading to the homes that are un labeled... grr a peek into all of the mail suggests that this was all extended family

So ennie, meanie, miny, Moe! DR "other" fd no home number to cover my backside come Tuesday

8 Hour Day

No numbers, no package. End of story.
I find it kinda' impressive how quickly people put numbers up after they have to drive to the customer service counter to get their crap.
I ALWAYS put the required service cross (NSN) on the package, but add a note along the lines of "no numbers on mailboxes or houses."

Always make it plural... :-)

BrownArmy

I like the packages addressed to the ten-floor office building with fifty potential delivery points.

Just a name and the address.

That's optimistic!

(If I can get rid of it I will, otherwise 'need suite').

dex 84

What about a strip mall with 20+ stores and none of them have unit numbers and the package is addressed to a person with no mention of which business they're in.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
What about a strip mall with 20+ stores and none of them have unit numbers and the package is addressed to a person with no mention of which business they're in.
There's an Asian strip mall on a route I'm on sometimes...it's all one address but none of them have suites and 90%of the people have the same last name I guess it's all the same family...and half of them are CODs...they entire place is usually 20+ a day...it's awesome

Express Courier

Yep that is real annoying.

How do you guys code that? Because you know dispatch will message like an hour later with the suite # saying to reattempt. What I've done is not in/closed and then purple sticker it at the end of the day. But there must be a better way haha.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
My first year at Ground, I had a rural delivery of 20 boxes of mini blinds in a snowstorm... The address was a triangle of 3 driveways with no houses marked. I happily jabbed all 20 boxes into the snow like skis at a lodge, right at the 3 driveway split.