Market levels

vantexan

On the subject of market level changes, I'm sure if anyone moves up a market level they won't bump your pay up to that level. I think they will just increase the top and bottom of your range.
No, it's just like when you transfer. If you are at 50% of range at your current station, you'll be at 50% of range on your new station's payscale. It's not arbitrary, and messing with their employees' pay like that would incur a huge lawsuit.

vantexan

I think you're fooling yourself. You said it, they've been doing this for the last 20 years. They'll be doing it for the next 20 years as well. FedEx is making more money than ever. Express profit margins are higher than ever. Why would they change now?
Because they have to.

fdxsux

No, it's just like when you transfer. If you are at 50% of range at your current station, you'll be at 50% of range on your new station's payscale. It's not arbitrary, and messing with their employees' pay like that would incur a huge lawsuit.
It's completely arbitrary! Just like all of FedEx's pay actions. There is no union contract to abide by here. They could cut cut your pay in half and there's nothing you could do about it. What are you going to sue them for? Not paying you enough money? If that was legit everybody would sue their employer. Besides, you would be making the same amount you are now.

Last edited:

Purplepackage

It's completely arbitrary! Just like all of FedEx's pay actions. There is no union contract to abide by here. They could cut cut your pay in half and there's nothing you could do about it. What are you going to sue them for? Not paying you enough money? If that was legit everybody would sue their employer.

He is right though, when you transfer to a higher pay scale you gain money

fdxsux

He is right though, when you transfer to a higher pay scale you gain money
I realize that, but let's say they eliminate the B market level. Do you they are going to give all those couriers the dollar and change for the market level, 3 percent, and a bump up to the next step. That could be a $2/ hr raise. I don't see them doing that. I think they will give the 3 percent and then bump you up to the next step in the A market level. Just my opinion. FedEx has a history of doing things as cheaply as possible.

dex 84

They called it a 6% raise but if you're a swing it's actually less than 6% because they give you 6% of .30 less than your actual hourly rate. Think of how much is saved by breaking up the swing pay like that and only giving a raise on the base...

vantexan

I realize that, but let's say they eliminate the B market level. Do you they are going to give all those couriers the dollar and change for the market level, 3 percent, and a bump up to the next step. That could be a $2/ hr raise. I don't see them doing that. I think they will give the 3 percent and then bump you up to the next step in the A market level. Just my opinion. FedEx has a history of doing things as cheaply as possible.
I sure wish we had asked you sooner about raises. You really know your stuff. No surprises in October now that we know what to expect. Thank you. No, really, thank you.

dex 84

They do have to do something, but the 10 Step Plan is a joke. Why not have it be 3 to 5 years like a union company? Definitive, and no games. But they won't even make that commitment.

More carrot on a stick.
As a company they are committed to making their hourly employees have a job that it is just good enough that they don't leave...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As a company they are committed to making their hourly employees have a job that it is just good enough that they don't leave...

Yep. Keep dangling the carrot and stall on giving out any real money. Lots of talk, and little action.

fedex_rtd

They lied to us back in 2000-2001 when they said going from 2, 3.5% raises to a single raise was going to be a good thing for hourly employees. Look what happened to pay progression!

fdxsux

They lied to us back in 2000-2001 when they said going from 2, 3.5% raises to a single raise was going to be a good thing for hourly employees. Look what happened to pay progression!
Yep, they said the same thing about the quartile system a few years ago. That's been a disaster as well. Lots of empty promises.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Whatever you get will be taken away elsewhere. Health care costs, reduced hours, more PT positions, and elimination of vacation/personal days are just a few of their options.

Serf

Found this in the employee break room....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 142