Market levels

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And in the end, all you've done is send labor costs through the roof.

Boo Hoo. Labor costs!! Labor costs!! You're a sorry apologist because you trumpet the same FedEx line they've been spewing for years...that we have "excessive" labor costs and that labor costs are a huge part of our business.

Guess what? Labor costs at FedEx are low, and when they spin the lie that the portion of labor costs out of the whole expenditure pie are excessive, it's a whopper. The delivery business is labor intensive, plain and simple. Until Smith invents a CourierBot or drone system, the overall percentage isn't going to change.

Labor costs? LOFL, you liar. No pension, a high employee payout for crap benefits, and low wages with glacial top-out times. Yeah, our costs are "high". B effing S.
Any further proof that Dano is nothing but a Memphis shill puppet is not really necessary.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In the end you have a system that's as efficient as UPS's and with labor costs lower than UPS.

With a lower overall margin than what we've got now. The idea that consolidation of similar operations always results in a more financially efficient operation is a myth. Ground is a cash cow for the time being. Consolidation would drive up its expenses and there ain't no way FedEx is going to even consider doing such a thing.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
With a lower overall margin than what we've got now. The idea that consolidation of similar operations always results in a more financially efficient operation is a myth. Ground is a cash cow for the time being. Consolidation would drive up its expenses and there ain't no way FedEx is going to even consider doing such a thing.
You're full of crap too.

The biggest reason they don't consolidate operations is that it would severely jeapordize their precious RLA "Special Deal" that Fred payed big bucks for. Keeping the union out is their priority #1.

Quit using the smoke and mirrors with us.

MAKAVELI

I never said it was more profitable although UPS is both efficient and very profitable. Maybe FedEx needs to learn from big Brown on how to do it.;)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I never said it was more profitable although UPS is both efficient and very profitable. Maybe FedEx needs to learn from big Brown on how to do it.;)

They are in the business to make money and this is the easiest way to make more of it.

SmithBarney

Now lets ask the interestingly appropriate questions

If you are STEP 5 Swing and you take a CRR position are you STEP 5 there as well?

Yomama11

No, it's just like when you transfer. If you are at 50% of range at your current station, you'll be at 50% of range on your new station's payscale. It's not arbitrary, and messing with their employees' pay like that would incur a huge lawsuit.
This doesn't work out well for folks that made a transfer from an A market to a B market level before the step progression started.. that employee would be 1 or 2 steps lower than if they never moved.

vantexan

This doesn't work out well for folks that made a transfer from an A market to a B market level before the step progression started.. that employee would be 1 or 2 steps lower than if they never moved.
Yep, lost $1.14 moving here, only got 78 cents back with that wonderful raise we just got. After 2.5 years I'm at starting pay.

Yomama11

Yep, lost $1.14 moving here, only got 78 cents back with that wonderful raise we just got. After 2.5 years I'm at starting pay.
If this puts you in a disadvantage then I believe fedex must move you to the correct step to keep you within the same range of top pay.If you never moved how far would you be from top out? that amout is supposed to stay the same no matterrors what changes fedex does to pay or market levels.