Marriage boundaries?

Everyone's the same. Women are just more discreet.

There was a woman on my retail route who was married to a businessman who had no time for her. Set her up with her shop to keep her busy and told her to have fun with it. Word is she did. Different people have different reasons.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well, now that the definition of marriage in some places now has to be changed, its obvious we need to go further right?

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/12/137772853/sister-wives-family-to-challenge-anti-bigamy-law

Just the logical next step right?

From the article:
"Kody Brown is legally married to only one wife; the three others are his "spiritual wives." But the law says it's a crime if a married person purports to marry or cohabits with another person."

Comparing gay marriage with bigamy, or polygamy, or bestiality is nothing more than a red herring designed to target peoples predjudices.

While I personally find the lifestyle repugnant, it is no business of mine if a married man wants to cohabit with multiple women in the same home and define those women as "spritual" brides.

The only thing he should not be allowed to do....is to define those relationships as legal marriages for the purpose of pensions, tax deductions, or Social Security benefits unless some fair formula were devised for correctly reducing the amount of benefits paid out from a system that was only designed to pay benefits to a married couple.

Where this differs from gay marriages....is that a gay couple is legally forced to pay the same amount of money as a straight couple into a system that, by law, will pay them fewer benefits simply by virtue of the fact that the number of penises in the relationship is either two or zero instead of one.

I support the right of any church to decline to recognize gay marriage, since a church is a private and voluntary organization and there are any number of churches that will marry gay people. And I support the right of any person to decide for themselves whether or not to personally recognize the validity of gay marriages as a matter of conscience. But is is unfair for our Federal Government to offer tax breaks and Social Security benefits to straight couples while denying them to gay couples even though both couples are involuntarily paying the same amount into the system.

If you dont believe in gay marriage...dont marry a gay person. If you dont believe in plural marriage...dont marry a polygamist. As long as the tax and Social Security benefits are fair and identical for all people...its nobody's business but the people who choose to be in whatever sort of marriage their personal beliefs support.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Do conservatives lock their bedroom doors at night for fear the 'gays' might try and get them, drag them off and !?convert?! them??????

Do conservatives lock their bedroom doors at night for fear the 'gays' might try and get them, drag them off and !?convert?! them??????

I bet some do. I`ve always said that if someone was so insecure in their sexuality that they think they can "catch" gay then odds are they`re not as straight as they think they are.