Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by neverfastenough, Feb 28, 2012.

1. neverfastenough

neverfastenough New Member

anybody else been dumb enough to marry somebody you work with at work?? don't do it bad idea!!!!
  2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Nope... Even being a dumb truck driver I knew better than getting involved with someone I worked with.....
  3. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Don't crap where you eat...Don't fish off the company pier....Don't get your... uh cat(yeah cat) where you get your paycheck.
  4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

We actually had married drivers that retired together a couple years ago. No problems at all.
  5. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I know a married couple who live near my parents who are both drivers. I also know of a fellow driver who , what's the politically correct term...."knocked up?" another female driver

6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Yeah, we've had a few 'soap operas', too.
  7. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

There are several "marriages" in our building that aren't recognized by the state I live in.
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Where else would u work with someone other than work? Lol sorry couldn't resist
  9. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I met and worked with my future wife( in the business my full time job is still in) then she left and went to work @ UPS, we got married and she left big brown after our second child was born to be a stay at home mom.Fast forward 15 years money got tite the Stew man went to work on the twi as a second job. Been here 14 years. Wifey is still friends with a lot of (brown) office people.
    PS Our three children have all been employed by UPS( international,preload ,and twi) at one time or another. The baby is a full time college student and is in his 4th year working the sort aisle. The two older ones have gone on to better jobs.
    I actually wanted to be a driver at one time but when we first got married UPS had a rule on not hiring relatives.My daughter and her husband are police officers in adjoining towns.
  10. rod

rod retired and happy

I married a fellow UPS drivers sister---does that count? That was 40+ years ago.
  11. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

It won't last :nervoussmiley:
  12. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

Don't get yer honey where ya get yer money....
  13. Getting married at work is pretty dumb. At least you were both in the same place at the same time. Was the reception in the break room? Catered via machines?
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am glad that you and your partner are happy.
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

No Civil Unions?
  16. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.
  17. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Rod,,are you still speaking to him ? LOL LOl
  18. ORLY!?!

ORLY!?! Master Loader

I've known a lot of people who went to work to get away from their other for a few hours. I've known an older gent that went to work only so he could smoke cigs.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We had two drivers who got married. She left the company and they have since gotten divorced.
  20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

My wife doesn't know it yet but a year before I retire I'm getting her a part time job at UPS so I don't have to pay for retiree health insurance.