Martin Luther King Jr was a Republican

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He was a registered Republican in Alabama according to TOS.

Further...

Dr. Kenneth W. Goings, professor and past chairman of the Department of African American and African Studies at Ohio State University, said in an email message that King may have had to register as a Republican to vote in Alabama in the 1950s.

Buddybrown

This video also says that MLK was a republican and the video says a lot more too..:)--- Viral Video | Stolen History by Frantz Kebreau

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if those kids actually know what they are advertising ?
It was started in prisons as a message that you were willing to have sex .

island1fox

Amazing what a little education will do. How have the solid vote for Democrats by the minorities done for them for the last fifty years---Jobs ??? No poverty ???

Lets shock some people --just a little more with "major flaws"--Lincoln was also a Republican --who had to fight --not the southern Democrats --they had left the union --but had to fight the Northern Democrats to get the Emancipation Proclamation passed.

President Eisenhower in the fifties--A Republican-- had a major Civil Rights Bill that was blocked by the Democrats. There were two Democrat Senators that led the opposition ----can you name them ??? Surprise !!! Senator Lyndon Baines Johnson --LBJ-- and last but not least --The Junior Democrat Senator from the great State of Mass-Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy--JFK.

Now lets see--who was that Democrat Senator that was a card carrying member of the --NRA ?? No I meant to say the KKK.

I would think twice about a Political Party whose policies of dependence have dissolved the family , taking away the will and desire to get an education and career , created the "new Plantation" --where people depend on them for basic shelter and food --the same for any slave or prisoner.

This is an unusual post for me --I am not a Republican nor Democrat--and have been an Independent for a very long time. Unusual because --while I feel we can learn from the past --not re-write it- like many partisan people do . Also --I really try not to live in the past --many people are "FROZEN or STUCK there and cannot move on --and live in the present.

You sometimes can tire of how the Indians stole the land by Killing the Dinosaurs and slaughtering the Cave Men--or forcing them to watch Insurance commercials
:happy-very:

rod

Retired 22 years
I wonder if those kids actually know what they are advertising ?
It was started in prisons as a message that you were willing to have sex .

From what we are lead to believe I don't think you have much choice in the matter. If Bubba wants sex Bubba gets sex.

oldngray

nowhere special
sexlife.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Amazing what a little education will do. How have the solid vote for Democrats by the minorities done for them for the last fifty years---Jobs ??? No poverty ???

Lets shock some people --just a little more with "major flaws"--Lincoln was also a Republican --who had to fight --not the southern Democrats --they had left the union --but had to fight the Northern Democrats to get the Emancipation Proclamation passed.

President Eisenhower in the fifties--A Republican-- had a major Civil Rights Bill that was blocked by the Democrats. There were two Democrat Senators that led the opposition ----can you name them ??? Surprise !!! Senator Lyndon Baines Johnson --LBJ-- and last but not least --The Junior Democrat Senator from the great State of Mass-Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy--JFK.

Now lets see--who was that Democrat Senator that was a card carrying member of the --NRA ?? No I meant to say the KKK.

I would think twice about a Political Party whose policies of dependence have dissolved the family , taking away the will and desire to get an education and career , created the "new Plantation" --where people depend on them for basic shelter and food --the same for any slave or prisoner.

This is an unusual post for me --I am not a Republican nor Democrat--and have been an Independent for a very long time. Unusual because --while I feel we can learn from the past --not re-write it- like many partisan people do . Also --I really try not to live in the past --many people are "FROZEN or STUCK there and cannot move on --and live in the present.

You sometimes can tire of how the Indians stole the land by Killing the Dinosaurs and slaughtering the Cave Men--or forcing them to watch Insurance commercials

He says as he rewrites history.

bbsam

Staff member

Well don't convince me of ancient history. What about now? Why make it harder for minorities to vote? Why drive Michael Steele out of his position at the RNC? What have Republicans done to solve inner city problems? Republicans have done little to suggest why blacks should vote for them. Do you really have to point back to the 60's?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Well don't convince me of ancient history. What about now? Why make it harder for minorities to vote? Why drive Michael Steele out of his position at the RNC? What have Republicans done to solve inner city problems? Republicans have done little to suggest why blacks should vote for them. Do you really have to point back to the 60's?

bbsam, It's not history, that's the problem.

Island either has fallen for what he has heard, or is intentionally misleading.

Look up the history yourself.

bbsam

Staff member
I am well aware of the history. I am simply pointing out that the even the reworked telling does nothing to alleviate the current Republican trashing of minorities.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Republicans have done little to suggest why blacks should vote for them" (bbsam)

That's because Republicans want people to vote for them no matter what the color !!! They have to represent ALL.

island1fox

bbsam, It's not history, that's the problem.

Island either has fallen for what he has heard, or is intentionally misleading.

Look up the history yourself.

rr,

I imagine Abraham Lincoln was not a Republican !! or Lincoln did not free the slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation ??? The Democrats did not
fight against it ???

Eisenhower was not a Republican ???

Eisenhower did not have a Civil Rights Bill that was Opposed BY LBJ ????

Just what part of those historical FACTS --do you disagree with ??????:happy-very:

island1fox

I am well aware of the history. I am simply pointing out that the even the reworked telling does nothing to alleviate the current Republican trashing of minorities.

bbsam,
Goes for you too!
Lincoln was a Republican that freed the slaves --fact
Lincoln fought the Democrats as he passed the Emancipation Proclamation--Fact
Eisenhower was a Republican --His civil rights bill of 1957 was opposed by LBJ --Fact

Robert Byrd -Democrat -was a member of the KKK--Fact

now you may not like the FACTS ---like all the jobs Obama has created for the Minorities---not-but for you or rr to insinuate that I am A liar ---only shows your ignorance.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
Goes for you too!
Lincoln was a Republican that freed the slaves --fact
Lincoln fought the Democrats as he passed the Emancipation Proclamation--Fact
Eisenhower was a Republican --His civil rights bill of 1957 was opposed by LBJ --Fact

Robert Byrd -Democrat -was a member of the KKK--Fact

now you may not like the FACTS ---like all the jobs Obama has created for the Minorities---not-but for you or rr to insinuate that I am A liar ---only shows your ignorance.

I did not insinuate that you are a liar. Only that the history of Republicans has little resemblance to their current policies. Now if you refute that, I most certainly will call you a liar.