Marty's retiring

pretzel_man

My grandpa was on the National Evening News on CBS this evening. That was SO cool!!! As for wanting him to keep working for the dough, grandpa is a SAVER...now that he has free time, maybe I can talk him into taking us all on a cruise though(not likely. Grandpa says he did all the traveling he plans on doing while in the service): ) I am, however, going to show him how to get on here and post. He does have a lot of cool stories.(and now free time) As for me, I don't even work at UPS. I just found this while googling my grandpa. How many people can say that??

I'm sure you are very proud of your grandfather. You have a right to be. I hope you and your family have a long, long time ahead of you with him.

Best of luck to you, Marty, and your family.

P-Man

A

anonymous6

My grandpa was on the National Evening News on CBS this evening. That was SO cool!!! As for wanting him to keep working for the dough, grandpa is a SAVER...now that he has free time, maybe I can talk him into taking us all on a cruise though(not likely. Grandpa says he did all the traveling he plans on doing while in the service): ) I am, however, going to show him how to get on here and post. He does have a lot of cool stories.(and now free time) As for me, I don't even work at UPS. I just found this while googling my grandpa. How many people can say that??

Your Granpa is cool and reminds me of my father who just re retired from his second career at the age of 82.

i asked him why he kept working and he said he liked his work, had a good attitude ( which I need ) and got satisfaction from doing the job right. He put a lot of men half his age to shame.

Sounds like your Granpa too. His generation had a stronger work ethic than ours, took pride in a job welll done.

The videos are cool too. I hope he lives another 20 years and really enjoys his retirement. We can learn a lot from guys like him.

rod

Retired 22 years

Hey- maybe Marty will finance the UPS cruise coming up this winter?:woohoo:

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

That was a very nice story about your Grandpa!

I liked your Grandma's humor when she said maybe she'll have to get a job. We all know she had a fulltime job taking care of the family while Marty worked.

I hope to live to 87 and be able to move like Marty does!

35years

Gravy route
Already got that covered.

In the year prior to my retirement, I will hold over all of my vacation weeks until the next year, and then schedule all of my weeks together before and after my seniority date. So my "retirement" date of 2-27-17 will actually be the beginning of a 14-week vacation that will carry me well past my actual seniority date.

Sober...
Just wondering what kept you working.
I am considering it myself at this point.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well I know this is an old thread but Marty would be about 103, 104 in 2024. Does anyone know if he’s still kicking??? And it’s interesting to see that most of the people who posted in this thread are long gone, never to be seen again.