Massages, Chiropractor, Hot Tubs.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stevetheupsguy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

How does everyone wind down after a hard week of humping pkgs, dealing with unruly employees or just plain old working at UPS? I go for massages every 2-3 weeks. Today I got a massage and a facial. Talk about relaxing!

Let's hear your unwinding ideas.

2. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Dude, if I won the lottery, I would have a massage to start and end the day.

3. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10 foot pole!:eek:

4. stevetheupsguy

Dude, this kind of facial. I would have said, as opposed to the other kind, with a picture, but I didn't want this thread to go the crude route.
    securedownload3.jpg

5. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Well, I mention this one in thread that orangeputeh started about" help me make it through the night" Nah, it was a kris kristofferson song, I think it was "help me get through the long hours or something" .

As we know , a lot of feeders sit on their butts a lot, even when they are sometimes working, i.e driving to another hub three hours away and do they same thing. That can kill the circulation to the feet. When I get home, I like to stick my feet in a 5 gallon home depot homer bucket filled with hot water ( not too hot). Seems to open up the circulation. Sometimes in the summertime, I will fill it with cold water. theoretically that doesn't open up the circulation, but it feels just as good.

Maybe this trick won't be needed as much, if at all, by the package car drivers.

6. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Looks like a picture of a wrestler there.

7. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

C'mon PeeWee, listen to reason. sssshhhhh-I'm trying to listen to reason.

8. stevetheupsguy

Are you kidding? That's a great idea. My tootsie's are always screaming when I get home from work and that sounds like the perfect remedy.

9. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

If you got a pool with the house you're closing on, I think that will work even better but I don't think I need to tell you that.

10. stevetheupsguy

If I got a pool with the new house, which we are closing on June 26th, this would be where we held the first annual Brown Cafe Pool Party.:wink2:

11. mungrin

mungrin Banned

a hooker works for me

12. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

So you're a pimp? :wink2:

13. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Steve you crack me up. For a big ol buff guy like you you sound funny!:peaceful:

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I do chiro every 3 weeks right now. I need to get in for a massage soon. Back muscles are very tight lately.

15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Thanks for reminding me Cement. I need to schedule a chiro app't as well. :happy-very:

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We get 16 chiro visits each year through our insurance. How does this compare to your plans?

17. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I don't know, I've never looked into it. Hmmmm

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The only reason I know is we have a husband and wife chiro team and they know exactly how many visits our insurance pays for and tailors their treatment plan to match that number.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Ours is a $500 max per year. And through our insurance the treatment is 50% off as well.

20. JimJimmyJames

JimJimmyJames Big Time Feeder Driver

I could never go for a message. Heck I don't even like my wife to rub or scratch my back and I really do not like to do it to anyone either.

Reminds me of old nature shows where you would see apes eating bugs off each other as they groom each other.

I know, I know I am a kook, I have been told numerous times.

I also don't like to soak in water and even though I have (not to brag) an awesome built-in pool, I go in it maybe once a year. If it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't even open it.

Again, I know I am weird, to say the least.

Anyways, I unwind after work by sitting like a lump, eating snacks in front of the computer.

On weekends I unwind riding my motorcycle.