Massages, Chiropractor, Hot Tubs.

helenofcalifornia

Yeah JJJ, know what you mean. Raised in the Midwest where you just didn't do massages. Live in California now where massages therapists are the norm for many people and still don't buy it. My kids swear by it and I am sure I would enjoy one if I ever got one. But swimming pools??? Boy, you crazy!! Water is great!

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
But swimming pools??? Boy, you crazy!! Water is great!

The only water I really enjoy is the ocean. I was into surf fishing a couple years back. Though I do like to fish, it was really just an excuse to drive the Jeep I had at the time onto the beach and have cook-outs, swim, and just chill in general. I loved to go out and body surf with a boogie board.

When gas prices went through the roof I traded the Jeep in for an economy car. It just wasn't the same going to the beach without the Jeep so I really don't go much. Who wants to schlep all the crap you need to have a good time on the beach by foot? Hehe.

Next year I think I will take a part of my income tax return and go by an old Jeep again. I'll give it to my daughter for her first vehicle and trade her for it on the weekends!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yeah JJJ, know what you mean. Raised in the Midwest where you just didn't do massages. Live in California now where massages therapists are the norm for many people and still don't buy it. My kids swear by it and I am sure I would enjoy one if I ever got one. But swimming pools??? Boy, you crazy!! Water is great!
Helen, you should try a massage at least once. I'm with ya on the water. Doesn't matter what - pool, shower, ocean. I LOVE water. Even a sprinkler works. :happy-very:
I could never go for a message. Heck I don't even like my wife to rub or scratch my back and I really do not like to do it to anyone either.

Reminds me of old nature shows where you would see apes eating bugs off each other as they groom each other.

I know, I know I am a kook, I have been told numerous times.

I also don't like to soak in water and even though I have (not to brag) an awesome built-in pool, I go in it maybe once a year. If it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't even open it.

Again, I know I am weird, to say the least.

Anyways, I unwind after work by sitting like a lump, eating snacks in front of the computer.

On weekends I unwind riding my motorcycle.
OK dude, you are nuts. Massages are great! Water is even better, maybe that's because I'm Pisces (I LOVE water). You do have a redeeming quality though MOTORCYCLES! :wink2::peaceful:

bigbrownhen

A hot bubble bath with candles and maybe a glass of wine, haven't done that in years, usually during peak, great way to relax if you can keep the family from knocking on the bathroom door(only Moms have this problem I think).
As for the chiro, never done it, is it really that helpful? I have been thinking about trying it lately.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did a bubble bath the other night. I was heaven. Wish I had a bigger bathtub.
Yes I think chiro's make a difference.

Big Babooba

Dude, I'm not gonna touch that one with a 10 foot pole!:eek:

Dude, this kind of facial. I would have said, as opposed to the other kind, with a picture, but I didn't want this thread to go the crude route.
Now now Steve, I wasn't going down that path. I am just concerned that you would be perceived to be what Hans & Franz would call a girlie manHulu - Saturday Night Live: Pumping Up with Hans and Franz@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/O8lIBYfjADHJeOVrv9vb8Q@@AMEPARAM@@O8lIBYfjADHJeOVrv9vb8Q

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I do massages every couple of weeks since the spa on my route gives me a "UPS discount" and I love my whirlpool tub after an especially long day.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Chiropractic is covered. I used to go a chiropractor on my route when I was in package. The guy accepted whatever my insurance paid and he ate whatever it didn't. It felt good when he was adjusting me but I didn't notice any lasting effects. They just treat the symptoms but not the root cause of your pain, IMHO.