Massive pileup I-78 in PA

watdaflock?

I78_pileup.PNG

Reports of 50+ pileup with 3 dead.
http://www.whio.com/news/news/national/massive-i-78-pileup-involves-dozens-vehicles/nqPng/

Brown Now

What's sad about that besides the obvious that many were injured and some lost their lives is that I'm sure many were being cautious. They were paying attention and not over driving. I'm sure they got their vehicles stopped in time with out incident only to get ass ended and pushed right into the vehicle in front of them. Prayers for those who lost their lives and those who have to go through the recovery process.

oldupsman

That section is the worst, so many distributions centers from new smithville into allentown

About 30 minutes from my house.

It's not so bad except for when the Virginia and New Jersey drivers are cruising through. The section between Hamburg and Fogelsville is my least favorite.

I hate do drive that stretch of road on a dry bright sunny day much less in a snow squall. It just so tight and close. Those
Hamburg exits and entrances used to be brutal. That whole stretch from Fogelsville to Hamburg has to be completely redone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hate do drive that stretch of road on a dry bright sunny day much less in a snow squall. It just so tight and close. Those
Hamburg exits and entrances used to be brutal. That whole stretch from Fogelsville to Hamburg has to be completely redone.

Wouldn't reducing the speed limit for that stretch do effectively the same without all of the hassle of road construction?