Massive retirements in 2013?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went out tonight and my daughter and her boyfriend were there. Wife asked me if We should cover their tab. I said no, they both have jobs. Apparently my overtime is easy money.

If you weren't there together and just happened to be eating at the same restaurant you have no obligation to pay their bill.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Blister away! I really don't know the changes...
So, you were ONCE AGAIN blowing smoke out of your Arse and talking about something you know absolutely nothing about. Amazing how, in that vein, you managed to use my quote-NO ONE ELSES- to start something on which you know nothing about. Why am I not the least bit surprised this came from you. But, I am rarely surprised by such a contrary and sectarian person.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't take me wrong----I'm not a heartless SOB------Its just that the son-in-law makes more in a year than I ever dreamed of so I don't understand why its always dear old Dad who has to dig out his billfold.

LOL

Next time you BUY them airline tickets, make sure they have 3 layovers between destinations !!! They will say thanks, but no thanks !!! hahaha

rod

Retired 22 years
LOL

Next time you BUY them airline tickets, make sure they have 3 layovers between destinations !!! They will say thanks, but no thanks !!! hahaha

That would be a super dirty trick--especially because they would be traveling with 3 kids (a 5 year old boy and 3 year old twin girls). Grandma would NEVER go for that (she is actually the reason Grandpa gets stuck paying all the time).

GoneBrown

in our redmond hub in Washington they can not fill drivers positions out of the building. They open the positions to all hubs in our local.

Hi, dawgfan. I work at the Redmond hub too. I'm a new guy though. Just wondering, does this mean my sonority doesn't matter within the building itself if I want to be a driver? I have to wait in a northwest district line instead of just the Redmond hub line?

Floyd Gondolli

Hi, dawgfan. I work at the Redmond hub too. I'm a new guy though. Just wondering, does this mean my sonority doesn't matter within the building itself if I want to be a driver? I have to wait in a northwest district line instead of just the Redmond hub line?
Yes, all employees in your local can select any building they want in your local. Example: Employee in building A can request building A,C, and D While employee in building D can request building C. HR draws from this list for building need in seniority order. Remember, you have to put your name on the list, you just don't automatically show up on the part-time to full-time list.

j13501

So, you were ONCE AGAIN blowing smoke out of your Arse and talking about something you know absolutely nothing about. Amazing how, in that vein, you managed to use my quote-NO ONE ELSES- to start something on which you know nothing about. Why am I not the least bit surprised this came from you. But, I am rarely surprised by such a contrary and sectarian person.
Of course I used your quote; your location is noted as just north of Syracuse. The NYS pension for Syracuse covers the old Upstate NY and West NY districts. The pension fund is based in Syracuse NY.

I don't know why you're saying that I'm "ONCE AGAIN blowing smoke". It's difficult to be ONCE AGAIN doing anything, since I've only had 65 posts in 10 years on this board. I'm familiar with the NYS pension, but you stated that it changed in 2011- I was just asking to see what the changes are and why you thought that the changes would affect retirements. Not trying to upset you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Of course I used your quote; your location is noted as just north of Syracuse. The NYS pension for Syracuse covers the old Upstate NY and West NY districts. The pension fund is based in Syracuse NY.

I don't know why you're saying that I'm "ONCE AGAIN blowing smoke". It's difficult to be ONCE AGAIN doing anything, since I've only had 65 posts in 10 years on this board. I'm familiar with the NYS pension, but you stated that it changed in 2011- I was just asking to see what the changes are and why you thought that the changes would affect retirements. Not trying to upset you.
Oh contrare, my friend. The changes have been discussed in detail on here. Nice try at the pity party, too.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
My center just had one driver retire this month and 2 waiting to the next contract. I have 17 in 17 To go, here in New England have to be 57 to retire without be penalties and I hope they don't raise the age again. I,m sure UPS wouldn't like having a bunch 60 something yrs. old drivers delivering. Maybe before then UPS can pay union a hole lot of money to reinstate the 30 and out so I can retire at 53 , it would probably save them money in the long run.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My old center manager, now on-car calls it a barn. I am sure he would love for you to walk up to his 6'4" 260lb frame and tell him that.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My center just had one driver retire this month and 2 waiting to the next contract. I have 17 in 17 To go, here in New England have to be 57 to retire without be penalties and I hope they don't raise the age again. I,m sure UPS wouldn't like having a bunch 60 something yrs. old drivers delivering. Maybe before then UPS can pay union a hole lot of money to reinstate the 30 and out so I can retire at 53 , it would probably save them money in the long run.
Gee, it sounds like the changes affected your retirement plans. Hmmmmm.