Master of the Gap

I had at least an hour of gap yesterday and today is not looking much better. The other routes in this loop tell me the same thing. Management doesn't seem to care.

The route is a 4x10 with pups. Today I come off my mandated hour break with zero on calls and 45 minutes until my first regular is ready.

Lucky for me I'm a swing, because I would go nuts if this was my regular route. I'm all for sticking it to fdx, but sitting around all day makes time slow to a crawl.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I hear 'ya.

Work is pretty scarce today and time is practically standing still. I just tell 'em that after waiting for a painfully long train I was looking for sales leads.

hypo hanna

Or you could read a book and then tell them you were looking for sales leads. They lie to you for their gain. No reason why you can't do the same.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I had at least an hour of gap yesterday and today is not looking much better. The other routes in this loop tell me the same thing. Management doesn't seem to care.

The route is a 4x10 with pups. Today I come off my mandated hour break with zero on calls and 45 minutes until my first regular is ready.

Lucky for me I'm a swing, because I would go nuts if this was my regular route. I'm all for sticking it to fdx, but sitting around all day makes time slow to a crawl.

Dano called. He's all upset because he thought you said "Master of the Crap". He got really excited and was sporting wood, and then he realized you weren't talking about him after all.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano called. He's all upset because he thought you said "Master of the Crap". He got really excited and was sporting wood, and then he realized you weren't talking about him after all.

Considering the mature and intelligent content of your posts, I still can't figure out how you've managed to stay stuck on square one despite fighting the good fight here for five years.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Considering the mature and intelligent content of your posts, I still can't figure out how you've managed to stay stuck on square one despite fighting the good fight here for five years.

As long as people learn the truth about FedEx, "Square One" is fine with me. Kind of like Station One.

Sniper

Wow. We are covered up at our station, the hour break :fishbashsmile: is making it twice as bad and it's not even Oct yet. We have drivers dropping outbound and staying out every night. Peak will be a nightmare this year, but we will get through it, we always do.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow. We are covered up at our station, the hour break :fishbashsmile: is making it twice as bad and it's not even Oct yet. We have drivers dropping outbound and staying out every night. Peak will be a nightmare this year, but we will get through it, we always do.

Last year's peak was a disaster. This year will be a total meltdown IMO. Combine DRA with all of the new people, add-in the volume and a bunch of late planes plus the usual managerial incompetence....BOOM!