maybe in, maybe out?

AllOnTheHorses

So I am in my 30 day trial before getting full time position.. I have beaten the clock a few times but have gone over more often than not. More than a few times I get my training route done early enough that they send me back out to help another driver. Some supes say Oh, your in, but I also keep hearing that it is all about running scratch or par. Thoughts? I still have about a week left.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Sounds like you are on the right track. Don't let up. Stay focused on you goal. Don't hit anything. You are going to be fine. Good luck rookie.

AllOnTheHorses

I gotta say, there is a special moment when you tell yourself to keep running even after it seems your not going to beat the clock. Thanks for the encouragement. I am not giving up.

BrownTexas

I don't think you are suppose to be sent back out when you are in your 30 days. I could be wrong. But waiting for someone to give you stops just eats into you planned day. I'd make sure to tell someone that if you don't make it and they say it was because of the days you were over.

If you are performing well enough that you can help other drivers you should be a lock.
Agreed. We had a guy trying to qualify (on a crap route) they kept sending him,here,there and everywhere. It was really screwing up his numbers. I talked to the sup and said that's not fair,he Is trying to qualify.

He said not to worry. we are going to qualify him, just don't tell hin that!...lol

If they are sending you to help people causing you to run late they are probably qualifying you. If not I'd file a grievance if they disqualify you. Hopefully you have some documention of how many times you were done and they sent you back out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
tumblr_lm56c0Owfn1qdwlug.gif

I read the title of this thread....thought it was something else! lol :oops:

The Driver

I drive.
Come back and tell us when you made it, because you will. They believe in you enough to send you off to help others, end of story. You seem like the respectful and intelligent type.

I made book and was one of the very fortunate off-the-street hires. Didn't scratch the route 5 days in a row but they liked me and know my work ethic. You got this.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Sounds like you're in. Just don't hit anything.

Edit: We had a guy damn near rip a bumper clean off another PC in his 30 days. Never made scratch. He's now a full time driver. The whole process seems arbitrary. Just stay safe.

O

OLDMAN3

If they disqualify you, don't take it hard. Over the last couple years in our building they have disqualified every new driver. It was quite clear they had no intention of keeping any of them, no matter how well they did. Completely unfair that they strung each one of them along by saying if you work hard you have a chance. 10 years ago they pretty much qualified everyone in my building who signed a bid. Sometimes it is just a matter of timing.