Maybe the all time best response to a PCM question

upsgrunt

This morning at the PCM, a driver supe asked this question: "What are some of the determining factors in deciding where you park, how far you should walk, or if you should back for a delivery?". It was quiet for a few seconds, and then another driver says "Weather". Few more seconds of silence and then he adds:
"Whether or not I give a crap"

It's hard to appear to be listening to a PCM with tears in your eyes and a grin on your face.

That response would have earned him a sit-down with the center manager and shop steward in my center.
I would have laughed at the PCM and in the office. It is what it is. This is a very well paid and very disgruntled and untrusting teamster workforce right now. We made 4.68 billion last year and they are trying to make us feel bad about ourselves for what we make by saying we should pay 90buck a week for our benifits. We bust out ASS we make record PROFITS. They supposedly care about our safety but we are the ones with the many years of safe driving and we are stupid about safety. So we say some smart ass :censored2:. It's a vicious circle. Save your money

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
That response would have earned him a sit-down with the center manager and shop steward in my center.

If that was the case I would be a regular vistor. I have no problem calling out the hypocrisy that spews out of the mouth of management at the morning PCM.

Re-Raise

If that was the case I would be a regular vistor. I have no problem calling out the hypocrisy that spews out of the mouth of management at the morning PCM.

Same here brother. If they ask the question , they had better expect an answer.

The other day at our pcm the center manager asked "Do you know what our center's goals are for pickup compliance?" Without missing a beat the driver next to me said "unrealistic" and I followed that with "unattainable".

If we started getting in trouble for keeping our sense of humor at work, I would be the first one shown the door.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One morning my supervisor told us we had too many driveway backs the day before. I said "It was raining hard most of the day and we were only trying to keep the packages dry".

One morning my supervisor told us we had too many driveway backs the day before. I said "It was raining hard most of the day and we were only trying to keep the packages dry".
Me and you are in the office after this. I make a joke we go to work your boys slap you on the back. Go to work

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Same here brother. If they ask the question , they had better expect an answer.

The other day at our pcm the center manager asked "Do you know what our center's goals are for pickup compliance?" Without missing a beat the driver next to me said "unrealistic" and I followed that with "unattainable".

If we started getting in trouble for keeping our sense of humor at work, I would be the first one shown the door.

i couldn't agree with you more. A PCM's we had couple of weeks ago on monday "this is target zero week" I said "isn't everday target zero", On Tuesday " There was 5 accident in the district" I said " Oh noooo not on target zero week, what are we going to do. lol

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
...says the person who couldn't be bothered/was too lazy to comply with a customer request to put two tires by the garage...

What the hell does that have to do with this topic? Oh yeah, nothing

And, I was just about to re-write that scenario, but seeing as I said it like 4 times in the correct thread, there's no need to once again try to get you to comprehend my issue with the consignee. At this point I see it being more YOUR problem in failing to understand, not my issue in stating what happened.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no confusion on my part----the consignee, who I admit was being difficult, made a simple request, which you blew off.

The right thing to do would have been to put the tires back on the handcart and schlep them to the garage. Yes, I would have been calling this guy every name in the book in my mind while doing it, but I would have complied with his request. I then would have gone back to the pkg car, relayed what had happened to the on-car, told him what a dick the guy had been but that I had risen above that and done the right thing.

I have never told a customer "no" in the manner that you did with this guy.

S

serenity now

why would you relay what happened to the on-car, when there was no conflict? * just to get a gold star * do you really have that much free time? *