MBC

oldbrownguy

Bet most of the readers here have no idea what this means. lol "MBC will not make a bad manager good, but a good manager better". Once again, Jim Casey is rolling over.....

Karma...

Thats easy....MBC in United Parcel Service was Management by Committment.....mbc ups style in management by confusion.....The distinction is private company vs public company

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was told by my mentor that MBC stood for "More Bullsh--Coming", that was a long time ago.
That sounds like when a babysitter teaches a 3 year old the cuss words!! "mentor" is suppose to show you the ropes.....teach you the history, not fill your head with nonsense.

A wise and trusted advisor.......that's what a mentor should be.

OldManAllowance

Loved the "spec worksheets"...nice to have a catalog to search out solutions....spec p41 "preload manned and planned to complete sort 1/2 hour to driver start". I was also good at pro-rated mar's and profiles. I had my own red and black pens. Had all this in a binder. Kept it on a shelf next to the JBA's, Sphere's of Influence, Policy Book..etc. Are we living in the past? Looking back it all seems alot easier, doing without technology.

oldbrownguy

We had our own meaning for MBC. After a tough nite sort that ran into the preload, we would call it maximum beer consumption.