McCain and Palin

drewed

Shankman
The fact of the matter, and it is a bit pathetic, is that she has more Executive experience than the other three guys in this election combined.

Very true Hoke, even McCain has a little he was a Captain in the navy and would have been a 3rd generation Admiral if he hadnt gone into public service

drewed

Shankman
diesel96;391398 Now someone mentioned they don't blame her for acting like she did with her ex-brother in law said:
did she abuse her power? maybe a tad, BUT she has the right (as does everyone else) to have her concern about the policing forces investigated. She just had the ability to bring it to the top officials attention

Leftinbuilding

She will energize the Republican base and that is a good thing. The Obamanites can not be happy about this choice. His ONLY hope was if the Republicans stayed home in Nov. Ain't gonna happen now. Bring it on!!!

tieguy

Banned
Please Brett...Talk about cut and paste, we all have google. What a shocker,all the brown conservatives talked about was inexperience obama this, and inexperienced obama that , and now the chioce of PTA hockey mom and newly elected Gov. Sarah (who) is a slam dunk to be a heartbeat away from the most powerful job in the world. Now someone mentioned they don't blame her for acting like she did with her ex-brother in law, imagine what she'll do to him with a couple of apache attack helos and some tomahawks? He better run and hide with Bin Ladin in the mountains of Afghanistan.

sounds like someone is sucking on some sour grapes. What an impressive candidate. Should be interesting race as our supposedly democratic feminists do everything they can to discredit this woman.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I wonder what Cindy's thinking? "Sorry Honey, Sarah and I are working late again, this Iraq thing ya know, don't wait up...."

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was very surprised with McCain's pick, I thought he would go with Mitt Romney. I had never heard of Sarah Palin before. I am impressed with what I see in her so far. OBama picks a good old boy that has been part of the problem in Washington. McCain picks an outsider who is reform minded. We need big time reform with government. She may be inexperienced, but she does have more executive experience than OBama.:thumbup1:

brownhorn

Oh my gosh, are you guys delusional. This is total pandering to Hillary's disaffected supporters. Give them a little credit; they didn't want A WOMAN--they wanted HILLARY. Hell, if you wanted a woman so bad, how about Kay Bailey Hutchison? If this were a man, there is no way the two year governor of ALASKA is on the national ticket. This is the first major decision McCain faced as possible president. Obama's line about being willing to debate McCain about temperament and judgment has proven prescient. I can only imagine the howling by you guys had Obama made a similar choice. Hypocritical much?

diesel96

sounds like someone is sucking on some sour grapes. What an impressive candidate. Should be interesting race as our supposedly democratic feminists do everything they can to discredit this woman.

Sour grapes?...lol...you mean some natural laughing gas supplied by those who share your view trying to convince themselves that Miss Alaska was your best and most qualified canidate.

Leftinbuilding

Oh my gosh, are you guys delusional. This is total pandering to Hillary's disaffected supporters. Give them a little credit; they didn't want A WOMAN--they wanted HILLARY. Hell, if you wanted a woman so bad, how about Kay Bailey Hutchison? If this were a man, there is no way the two year governor of ALASKA is on the national ticket. This is the first major decision McCain faced as possible president. Obama's line about being willing to debate McCain about temperament and judgment has proven prescient. I can only imagine the howling by you guys had Obama made a similar choice. Hypocritical much?

Only the pundits are saying McCain chose her to pick up disillusioned Hillary women. I haven't heard McCain say that. He has to know that any woman slimy enough to vote for Hillary would have no interest in a lady with class.

tourists24

Sour grapes?...lol...you mean some natural laughing gas supplied by those who share your view trying to convince themselves that Miss Alaska was your best and most qualified canidate.
Obama wasnt the best and most qualified candidate, but that's who Democrats wanted anyway

diesel96

Only the pundits are saying McCain chose her to pick up disillusioned Hillary women. I haven't heard McCain say that. He has to know that any woman slimy enough to vote for Hillary would have no interest in a lady with class.

A little emotional there L I B....Hillary voters are slimy?, and you claim to know a lady of class that you had know idea who she was yesterday.

Well actually, Obama IS the similar choice made by the Democrat party

Obama was not chosen on a whim....he announced his intent well over a year ago, campaigned a long grueling democratic process, and earn his nomination fair and square. No similarities at all.

tourists24

Obama was not chosen on a whim....he announced his intent well over a year ago, campaigned a long grueling democratic process, and earn his nomination fair and square. No similarities at all.
Go back and read your own post. You said she was not the best or most qualified. That is very much a similarity. And Im sure McCain's choice was not a whim like you say; nice try though

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I think you are missing the point. The point is, is Obama and/or Palin qualified to be president, not how they were chosen. I would have to say that Palin as of today appears to be more qualified than Obama appeared to be 18 months ago. Time will tell.