McCain is a liar!

diesel96

Diesel and any other Obama supporter who can not think for themselves and are blind supporters of everything he says, does or people he associates with!

I will repeat myself just once on the issue of any type of sex education at an early age.

I don't care if it the Cleavers or the Smiths or Jane or Tom... It is a child's parent or guardian who should determine how their children should be educated on sex (at an early age).

You have no right to tell me how my children should be educated on sex (at an early age). By you, I mean the government, the state or the school district...

I think that we are forgetting that children by nature are born with innocence and purity. It is up to the parent to decide how the innocence should be filtered and how the parent will protect their child. If a parent wants someone else to explain this than that is their choice.

You can almost compare this to pro-choice and pro-life. My values are the same - Your values are different. CREDIBILITY.

I believe that government does not have a right to make a personal decision for you regarding either of these issues...

You believe in pro-choice but it is OK for the government to regulate children's education on sexual topics???? This pulls at both sides of what you say your values are. (CREDIBILITY) I believe in a woman's right to choose, however I personally do not believe in abortion. That is CHOICE. No change in my values. I also believe in your CHOICE to educate your children as you see fit. You don't see it that way. You think the government should regulate my choice. CREDIBILITY!

I understand the need to protect children from predators but it is not governments obligation to teach them what is ok or not ok and more importantly HOW to teach them during this precious time of innocence.

This is too much government! It is the wrong kind of government - It proliferates the dependancy of government on the will of the people.

SHAME ON YOU for not thinking that parents or legal guardians are not qualified to teach their children!!!! This is why our country is in trouble because of folks who do not understand that the family is the basic unit and failure to provide support starts at that level.

If you can opt out - that is fine - but would you or your children be looked down upon for not participating? Would your child feel ostracized? Would kids tease your child for not having the same info!

If a parent does not feel comfortable teaching their children - they can get a family member or good friend who shares their values or a doctor or religious figure. Someone who understands and agrees with their values and concerns. You can tailor the education to the level you feel comfortable. You can even sit in on the training.

My feeling if a parent does not want to teach their children basic life lessons .... WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING WITH CHILDREN? :dont_know:

If you legislate this training - It is out of your control how your children get taught.

When does enough become enough?

You obviously forgetten about the million plus children who reside in highly concentrated poverty strictened urbon areas where life as you know it is unimanagable for you. Kids are very resilient, but not every family structure or kids household is ran like "father knows best". Millions of children have no father, Moms a drug addict, kids home alone cause family members have multiple jobs to make ends meet, and you expect these kids to learn off the street? These are the areas with the most incidents and predetors prey. It's niave to think it's ok for these kids to get on the job training.

tieguy

Banned
You obviously forgetten about the million plus children who reside in highly concentrated poverty strictened urbon areas where life as you know it is unimanagable for you. Kids are very resilient, but not every family structure or kids household is ran like "father knows best". Millions of children have no father, Moms a drug addict, kids home alone cause family members have multiple jobs to make ends meet, and you expect these kids to learn off the street? These are the areas with the most incidents and predetors prey. It's niave to think it's ok for these kids to get on the job training.

My god how can our congress continue to let this happen?

705red

Browncafe Steward
My feeling if a parent does not want to teach their children basic life lessons .... WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING WITH CHILDREN? :dont_know:

How many people have children that have no business having children? Our hub is right by a huge apartment complex and the town has a great school district paid for by the homeowners in this town yet it take about 6 buses to pick up these kids who's parent rent and totally take advantage of the situation.
If you legislate this training - It is out of your control how your children get taught.

How many lawsuits have been filed by parents that dont want their child to say the pledge of allegiance?
When does enough become enough?
[/quote]
I agree with you here!

tieguy

Banned
How many people have children that have no business having children? Our hub is right by a huge apartment complex and the town has a great school district paid for by the homeowners in this town yet it take about 6 buses to pick up these kids who's parent rent and totally take advantage of the situation.

I thought Obama was running for president because he was able to fix these problems in chicago?

UPS Lifer

I thought Obama was running for president because he was able to fix these problems in chicago?

Tie

Not only that, but BO was a community organizer and a state senator.... You mean to say these problems are still there? They have not been fixed? WOW! That is a shocker! With all that sense of community and change we can count on, I would have thought Chicago's problems would be cleaned up!

Tie

Not only that, but BO was a community organizer and a state senator.... You mean to say these problems are still there? They have not been fixed? WOW! That is a shocker! With all that sense of community and change we can count on, I would have thought Chicago's problems would be cleaned up!

You'd think that with all those years in the Senate and working for AZ, it would all be peachy in AZ, too.

Of course, there is gambling here now, I guess that's a good thing.

Or is that an unfair comparison?

tieguy

Banned
You'd think that with all those years in the Senate and working for AZ, it would all be peachy in AZ, too.

Looks like we have a new poster. Welcome Glen. See you're not shy.

Would it be safe to say that Arizona is a much more desirable place to live then chicago?

Or will you be moving to chicago soon?

UPS Lifer

Welcome to BC!
All I can say is I left my entire life in California to get to an area that has a no nonsense way of dealing with problems. There is a sense of community and a relaxed quality of life here!

The Phoenix area is like LA (probably because there are a lot of Californians there!) but I live in Northern AZ where some people still where guns on their hips! It is an amazing area and I am extremely proud to live here.

My wife knows there is a line drawn in the sand and I am not going back to CA unless it is to visit my family.

Don't get me wrong - Southern California and Chicago are in my blood and they will always hold a special place in my heart. But the best part of my life is ahead of me and I want to spend it here!