McCain rally in Indianapolis Nov. 3, 2008

brett636

Since I have some time off this week and John McCain was coming into town I decided to take this as an opportunity to see this campaign action live. So I grabbed my new Sony A300 and headed off to the show. We were parked in a grassy field about a mile from the actual event and were taken over in tour buses to the rally site. I got there right as some local politicians were speaking, but McCain had not arrived yet. Since this took place right at the local airport we got to see McCain's plane flying in and it pulled up right next to where I was at. McCain was introduced by his wife Cindy who was introduced by our own Republican governor Mitch Daniels. The highlight of the event for me was being able to shake McCain's hand and wish him luck as he was heading back to the plane. I was within a few feet of Leiberman, and Megan McCain was signing books near where I was at. Without further adue here are some pictures of my day at the McCain rally.

Plane flying in.
DSC01178.jpg

Plane approaching (I was in the middle of a BUNCH of other people so getting this shot was tough)
DSC01183.jpg

Country First banner
DSC01167.jpg

The ever present Secret Service
DSC01191.jpg

Joe Leiberman
DSC01195.jpg

Cindy leading with John behind her leaving plane
DSC01198.jpg

Megan, John, and Cindy McCain
DSC01219.jpg

John at the podium speaking
DSC01333.jpg

I couldn't agree more!
DSC01369.jpg

705red

Browncafe Steward
For a guy (Mccain) crying about expenses i wonder how much that paint job on the plane cost.

I do not mean to take away from your experience and i do apoligize if you feel i did.

i remember as a kid meeting the pope in chicago, these memories can never be taken away.

I was planning on going to obamas victry party tonight by my bullet proof jacket never arrived.

Over a million people are expected to show for his acceptance/concession speech outside at grant park.

brett636

For a guy (Mccain) crying about expenses i wonder how much that paint job on the plane cost.

I do not mean to take away from your experience and i do apoligize if you feel i did.

i remember as a kid meeting the pope in chicago, these memories can never be taken away.

I was planning on going to obamas victry party tonight by my bullet proof jacket never arrived.

Over a million people are expected to show for his acceptance/concession speech outside at grant park.

I'm sure it cost a few grand, but in a campaign where you will blow millions I doubt it adds up to much. Obama also has a custom painted plane.

y1ph0KrSPuJGUdYavPaHFfo9735W2HaDzwSNJ1KzgtAjQpGZ2ucWjHD7UGIqv3xqIK3pLOvfFfjvA0

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm sure it cost a few grand, but in a campaign where you will blow millions I doubt it adds up to much. Obama also has a custom painted plane.

y1ph0KrSPuJGUdYavPaHFfo9735W2HaDzwSNJ1KzgtAjQpGZ2ucWjHD7UGIqv3xqIK3pLOvfFfjvA0
iTS SAD WHEN THE ECONOMY IS SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL, AND PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR HOMES WE CAN SPEND ALL OF THIS MONEY TO TRY AND GET ELECTED! iMAGINE HOW OUR ECONOMY COULD HAVE BETTERED WITH THAT MONEY SPENT WERE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

brett636

iTS SAD WHEN THE ECONOMY IS SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL, AND PEOPLE ARE LOSING THEIR HOMES WE CAN SPEND ALL OF THIS MONEY TO TRY AND GET ELECTED! iMAGINE HOW OUR ECONOMY COULD HAVE BETTERED WITH THAT MONEY SPENT WERE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

How else do you think these candidates are able to cover so much grand so quickly? To be honest the cost of leasing and operating those plans I'm sure dwarfed the cost of the custom paint jobs, and I am well aware that aircraft paint jobs are not cheap. The last time McCain had to fly coach was back during the dark days of his primary campaign when he was running out of money and had to even carry his own luggage. He sure clawed back from those days, and its disappointing that he was not able to seal the deal.

tieguy

Banned

whats the final tally about a billion dollars between the two of them?

Channahon

Brett,

A memory you can share for the rest of your life. Should make for interesting conversation, given that Barack made history. A fact furture generations will love to ask of anyone older than them.

Young kids are so impressionable, and don't know it now, but are living history, that they will be asked about as they get older.
And who knows, we may be references to validate their stories.