McDonald's, Fast Food Strike, Capitalism, Financialization., Corruption, and Justice.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Here is an 11.11 minute animated explanation of the crises in capitalism. Take the few minutes to watch it then I would like to hear your comments. That's of course if you haven't already seen it.

[video=youtube;qOP2V_np2c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qOP2V_np2c0.[/video]

RSA= (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)

Indecisi0n

Re: McDonald's, Fast Food Strike, Capitalism, Financialization., Corruption, and Just

I don't have 11 minutes to spare.

A

anonymous6

Re: McDonald's, Fast Food Strike, Capitalism, Financialization., Corruption, and Just

if they got their 15 dollars they would have to pay more taxes and then could NOT qualify for their food stamps and section 8 housing among other govt. freebies. "be careful what you wish for.........."

UnconTROLLed

perfection

What the corporations realized they had to do was transform the way the majority of Americans thought about products. One leading Wall Street banker, Paul Mazer of Leahman Brothers was clear about what was necessary. We must shift America, he wrote, from a needs to a desires culture. People must be trained to desire, to want new things even before the old had been entirely consumed. We must shape a new mentality in America. Man's desires must overshadow his needs.

Peter Solomon - Investment Banker - Leahman Brothers: "Prior to that time there was no American consumer, there was the American worker. And there was the American owner. And they manufactured, and they saved and they ate what they had to and the people shopped for what they needed. And while the very rich may have bought things they didn't need, most people did not. And Mazer envisioned a break with that where you would have things that you didn't actually need, but you wanted as opposed to needed."

suckers!

Babagounj

Strength through joy

The concept of a min wage is a failure .
Raising it again & again only adds to the problem .
Many of those "striking employees " weren't teenagers .
These jobs were designed as low wage jobs , to teach teenagers how to continue onward within the employment system .
Higher wages = higher prices , thus lower sales .

moreluck

golden ticket member

I dont' know of anyone willing to pay $10 for a Big Mac. At those prices we are headed to Fat Burger or In & Out.

W

westsideworma

I avoid Mcdonalds...except for their shakes though those are nowhere near as good as they used to be either

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

I avoid McDonalds too, their food is not good for you. I actually worked one day for them when I was in high school, the things I saw......

texan

Here is an 11.11 minute animated explanation of the crises in capitalism. Take the few minutes to watch it then I would like to hear your comments. That's of course if you haven't already seen it.

[video=youtube;qOP2V_np2c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qOP2V_np2c0.[/video]

RSA= (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
One question to assist me.

Who will regulate and monitor this in the US?

The US government / the IRS?

The same government that regulates and monitors the US Post Office that lost 15.9 billion in 2012?

Please answer and elaborate with this piece of the solution sir.

I missed this in the video.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

One question to assist me.

Who will regulate and monitor this in the US?

The US government / the IRS?

The same government that regulates and monitors the US Post Office that lost 15.9 billion in 2012?

Please answer and elaborate with this piece of the solution sir.

I missed this in the video.

I know the government doesn't do much right--it's not designed to--but you've got your wires crossed. The reason the Post Office lost that much money is government all right: Republican government. They're the ones who thought it was such a good idea to pay for all of their pension obligations right now. Just like the way the free market does, right? Oh wait....

Reminds me of the PJ O'Rourke quote about government: "The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and they get elected and prove it."

texan

I know the government doesn't do much right--it's not designed to--but you've got your wires crossed. The reason the Post Office lost that much money is government all right: Republican government. They're the ones who thought it was such a good idea to pay for all of their pension obligations right now. Just like the way the free market does, right? Oh wait....

Reminds me of the PJ O'Rourke quote about government: "The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and they get elected and prove it."
Ok we will avoid the Post Office.

Who will regulate, admin this, and how will it occur?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

McDonalds WalMart etc. shouldn't exist to begin with, in a truly "Free" world. The only reason they exist is because with the average working life that people are indoctrinated into, there isn't enough time to cook meals and shop frugally. Isn't that sad? The markets obviously aren't free for the consumer, mostly favoring the hands of big-business.

moreluck

golden ticket member

McDonalds WalMart etc. shouldn't exist to begin with, in a truly "Free" world. The only reason they exist is because with the average working life that people are indoctrinated into, there isn't enough time to cook meals and shop frugally. Isn't that sad? The markets obviously aren't free for the consumer, mostly favoring the hands of big-business.
I just got a great pair of pj's for a granddaughter.......$3 on a sale rack at WalMart..........if that isn't frugal, I don't know what is. And no cheap argument ....I have same kind over 2 years now and no show of wear & tear.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

I just got a great pair of pj's for a granddaughter.......$3 on a sale rack at WalMart..........if that isn't frugal, I don't know what is. And no cheap argument ....I have same kind over 2 years now and no show of wear & tear.

Thanks for buying American products.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Thanks for buying American products.
Sounds like a parrot. Do you personally walk through Walmart and look at labels? I do !
The pj's were White Stag brand.

White Stag was originally in Portland Oregon as a ski wear manufacturer. I remember the White Stag label in clothes when I was a little kid. There areplenty of items in Walmart still made in USA.....like Anchor Hocking glassware and cooking ware.
Also Danskin products that started as a family owned business in N.Y.

n 1956, reflecting the popularity of the sportswear line, Hirsch-Weis changed its name to White Stag.[SUP][1][/SUP] In 1959, the company modified a large animated sign on the roof of its downtown Portland building, changing it from advertising a brand of sugar to instead advertise White Stag sportswear.[SUP][3][/SUP] For the 1959 Christmas season, a red neon "nose" was added to the stag's snout in imitation of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, a tradition that has been repeated annually ever since.[SUP][4][/SUP] The White Stag sign quickly became an identifying landmark for the city, and it was designated a Portland landmark by the city's Historic Landmarks Commission in 1977.[SUP][5][/SUP] Its lettering was changed to advertise the Made in Oregon gift retailer in 1997, and in 2010 the sign was acquired by the city and its lettering changed again, to read "Portland Oregon".[SUP][6][/SUP]
In 1966, White Stag was purchased by the Warner Brothers Company, which later became the Warnaco Group. The company moved its operations out of its downtown Portland building in the 1970s and by 1986, had moved out of Portland completely.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP]
[h=2]The Warnaco years[/h]In 1986, former Warnaco executive Linda J. Wachner engineered a $550 million hostile takeover of Warnaco and began streamlining the company.[SUP][8][/SUP] White Stag was reorganized with other activewear lines, including Speedo, into a new company, Authentic Fitness Corporation, which went public in 1992.[SUP][9][/SUP] The company grew through the 1990s, but saddled with debt from other acquisitions and mergers, Warnaco filed for Chapter 11 protection in 2000.[SUP][10][/SUP]
[h=2]Wal-Mart label[/h]After Warnaco emerged from bankruptcy in 2003, it sold the White Stag trademark to Wal-Mart.[SUP][1][/SUP] Wal-Mart now uses the trademark on a line of women's casual clothing, footwear, and basic jewelry.[SUP][11][/SUP]

wkmac

If large corporations were unable to externalize costs into the public commons by means of the state, you are correct in that they likely would not exist or at least not in the size and on the business model to which they now exist. Large corporations, especially the multinational kind can't get that way without the state and state interventions in the marketplace. Just as the superwealthy can't get that way either. See how rich Bill Gates gets without our paying taxes for the regime to protect his artificial property right in IP. Or for that matter, the creation of an artificial entity with artificial privileges knows as the Corp. status.

moreluck

golden ticket member

From your own information moreluck the company doesn't exist anymore, and Walmart no doubt makes those clothes abroad and sticks the White Stag label on them. There's even a chance your granddaughter is wearing clothes made by a child.
Children Found Sewing Clothing For Wal-Mart, Hanes & Other U.S. & European Companies - National Labor Committee

Guess what ? UPS was started in USA....they didn't stay exclusively in this country. UPS is in other countries too.......you might need to switch jobs to a more backward co.

Also, I can get 10 pr. of jeans for the cost of one pair of high priced store jeans....been in Saks one time in my life....ridiculous prices for anyone trying to stick to a budget.