Meaningless Fluff

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Meaningless Fluff
Just something quick I wrote last night.

"Just look at it," said Rath out loud, his legs dangling between the railings as he sat of the balcony floor, gazing out. "It's disgusting, that is."
"What is?" asked Thatz, sticking his head out from the corridor. He bit down on an apple while he waited curiously for the answer.
"Those two," claimed Rath, pointing into the gardens at Lord Lykouleon and Lady Raseleane. They were sitting together, enjoying a picnic under some trees. She was teasing him with a blade of grass and when he thought none of the many courtiers nearby would notice, he blew in her ear. Their laughter and giggles were caught by the wind and brought up to the balcony. Faint wisps of conversation accompanied them.
"They've been sitting there for hours, whispering away to each other," groaned Rath, as he lay back onto the ground and looked up at Thatz. "Saying nothing important! Sweet nothings, Muffin-chompers, Wuvvie-kins, Wazzie wuvs her Lykky, stuff like that. Meaningless fluff, that's all it is."
Thatz laughed, then quickly stuffed the apple back into his mouth, when Rath hit him with a dirty glare. The disgruntled Dragon Knight eased himself up and pressed his face against the balcony's bars.
"They're all at it," he muttered darkly.
"Who?" asked Thatz, stepping forward eagerly as Rath pointed out into the grounds.
"Ruwalk and Kai-Stern are over there, being incredibly formal, but I've seen Ruwalk giving Kai-Stern some furtive hugs when the coast is clear." He added, disgustedly, "I'm sure that when he does, it's all drivel that he spouts. Why can't he woo with decent conversation? Why isn't that attractive?"
"Well, you don't want to hear about a war in Elbonia, or the best way to kill a demon, not when you're feeling romantic," said Thatz, joining Rath on the floor. "Sweet nothings are safe and if you call someone by a pet name, then you don't have to worry about forgetting their real one."
"They're at it again!" exclaimed Rath.
"Oooh," said Thatz, watching while it lasted. "Anyone else?" he asked, pulling a bag of loose food out of his shirt.
"Tetheus and Alfeegi have been in the bushes for the past hour," moaned Rath, helping himself to Thatz's bounty.
"Really?" Thatz squealed, leaning forward. "Alfeegi and Tetheus?"
"You don't want to be able to see," said Rath, pulling him back a little. "Trust me."
"There's two," said Thatz, pointing out a pair of bashful sweethearts, tip-toeing around each other by the pond, still unsure of their own feelings.
"Puuchie and Hugbear," said Rath, without even looking.
"Them?" asked Thatz, focusing on a more mature pair of lovers.
"Snookums and Dweedledums," came the reply.
"What about..." started Thatz, scanning the grounds. "Oh look, there's Cesia!"
"Cesia?" exclaimed Rath. "Where?"
He followed Thatz's pointing finger until he found the young girl, standing all alone by a mulberry bush.
"Excuse me!" he snapped, jumping to his feet and leaping over the railings.
"We're on the second floor!" Thatz cried, reaching out too late to grab him. He watched Rath land safely, then grow smaller until his tiny figure awkwardly stumbled onto Cesia. He observed them for a while, eating steadily and trying to decipher what they were saying from the shapes of their lips.
"Disgusting," he pronounced finally.
"What is?" called Rune, from the corridor.
"Oh, meaningless fluff," answered Thatz, making room for him on the floor.

over9five

Staff member
Cats are natural born killers. Cat owners let them back in the house and lick "little Johnny's" face, not knowing they just got done ripping the throats out of a neighborhood bird/mouse/lizard. And go ahead, leave your tropical fish tank uncovered. Otherwise, I have no problems with cats.....

LOL, I think the same thing about dogs licking their owners face. That dog just got done licking his privates or eating out of the cats litter box! It really grosses me out when someone lets their dog lick their face!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
LOL, I think the same thing about dogs licking their owners face. That dog just got done licking his privates or eating out of the cats litter box! It really grosses me out when someone lets their dog lick their face!!!
Oh I would so gross you out. My dogs kiss me goodbye, and welcome home. They never lick their privates, they are women dogs, and have much more class than that, and there is no litter box, but they both chased the strays away this morning, which they got a treat for, and stopped running right EXACTLY at the road, with no electric fence, just training. Show me a cat that would do that, HA.
Cats are Ok for those who want them, for house pets. If my dogs wandered the neighborhood, I would have the sherrif dept and the animal control at my door, but the cats just run free.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

"From about six weeks of age, some pups lick their mom's lips when they want her to regurgitate food for them. They lick; she vomits; they eat it. This behavior is a vestige of their wild ancestry and was designed to ensure that they profited from the spoils of the hunt."

Oh please! If you could lick yourself you would.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have two cats, one the kids left behind and one that I adopted from a local vet. The cat left behind has little to do with me and spends all day hiding under the bed. The other one, Rowdy, is very active and can't wait to go outside. He knows the sound of my PC and will come running when he hears me whistle. He also knows that I go to the grocery store on Sunday morning and he expects his can of wet food, which is his treat, when I come back.

I would love to have a dog but it wouldn't be fair to him as I am not home during the day and I don't have enough yard for him to stay outside.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's funny, because my dog thinks "wet" food is a treat too......like Lil'Cesar or Alpo canned filet mignon. She gets Iam's small chunks in her bowl all the time and gets wet food as a treat. She loves it and spins rapidly 'til you put the plate down for her.

Sometime she walks while she's spinning and will whack her nose on a table or chair leg. She's a psycho-beeatch.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I raked leaves, planted 50 tulip bulbs and washed my truck.

I waved as my neighbors greeted me with a friendly tap of the horn when they drove by and saw me working outside.

fxdwg

Long Time Member

Nice writing skills.-(grammatically)-
They added new meaning, to meaningless fluff.

PS;
Old man's advice.
Keep your day job.

"art" DOES NOT OBSERVE BASIC RULES OF GRAMMAR.............

Old man advice is probably worth listening to; "son"....Unless.....of ...........course.............You have it all figured out already......LOL